Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The definition of "loyalty"

What's your view on what constitutes "loyalty"?

• Actual attendance at matches to cheer the team

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • Financial support by way of buying match tickets

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Why would you miss out, you would have as much chance as everyone to get a ticket?

I make the assumption you are not a STH, or you would have not made your point, which I find strange that you can go to all the away games, but don't hold a ST for home matches? I am sure there is a good reason, so my apologies in advance.

I am a STH and haven't missed a home game in that period so my question is still valid if you believe as I do that I've I earned the right to go to Old Trafford as opposed to someone who hasn't put the miles in but just fancies it because we're in the Premiership.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Loyalty is not letting demand drop by much if we go down. Loyalty is not caring who the opposition are so long as you get to see the albion play.

The test for the younger/newer fans may come sooner than expected.

D

Deleted member 2719

Loyalty is a a fan who sticks with the club through thick and thin. Emptying his wallet for the club is not part of it imo.

Not sure there is a better way of allocating tickets at 21st Century Albion though.

I am sure there are plenty of loyal Albion fans who just cannot afford to go any more but if we slip back down the divisions and prices drop dramatically ( which they would have to) it is these fans the club will see through back the turnstiles as 16k currently loyal fans disappear. Imo of course.

I may have missed the point of the thread though.

Spot on Icy, but can i also add that Barber see loyalty as a fan who been a STH the past 2 seasons and then he will put them above the guy who has done 4 straight seasons then missed 2.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The reason the 'loyalty' system is no longer fit for purpose is that the top tier fans have an incentive to buy tickets whether they are going or not - just to stay in the top points bracket.

Big rethink needed by the club.

A limited number (1000 ?) of away season tickets, and a waiting list for these, may be something worth considering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here