Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The day that Albion field 11 non-British players, managed by a foreign manager...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
... a little piece of me inside will die. :(

Will anybody else feel the same?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
No....not me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where would El-Abd, come from, in that team?

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex
Yes I will. Always used to think how could the Chelsea fans support a team without any Brits in it. Would prefer some home grown talent. But a sign of the times. All these foreign players are killing our national team imho.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not really as under EU law anyone in the EU has a right to work in the UK as we do in their country.

Mind you what it is saying for the England Football Team is another thing altogether.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have two home grown players in the first team. By home grown, I'm talking about Brighton/Sussex not just English. How many teams can say that?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
... a little piece of me inside will die. :(

Will anybody else feel the same?

Only that I may not be able pronounce their names!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing is, who do you love more, in the stripes
Bruno or Dicker?
Calde or Dunk?
Vicente or Harley?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Aren't there regulations coming, which quote a minimum amount of home grown players?
Which should mean it'll never happen.

I think there has to be so many (don't know how many?) homegrown players in the 25 man squad, but with a matchday squad of 18, 11 starting and 7 subs, there is the distinct possibility there might be nil British ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a phase. I really don't mind it because in 20 years we'll be looking back on these seasons and will be talking about all these amazing players we were signing on frees rather than paying the inflated prices for English players who aren't as good as the players we're signing for free. I do understand your point, but I honestly wouldn't worry about it. We're in a massive upward curve and I genuinely believe that when it does inevitably finish, we'll be in the Premier League and then we can worry about having English players. Not just English players, but INTERNATIONAL England players.

You sign who you need to get you there, and then worry about adding English flavour. Unless you're still priced out of it, and you think sod Englishmen. Bring on the foreigners with pedigree, class, and a desire to do well.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Greer, Bridge, El Abd, Crofts, Bridcutt, Dicker, Buckley, CMS, Barnes are all British/Irish. Lets not worry let yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here