Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cyclist, Brighton Station

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
What is it called?
The Sheffield Tap.

I do think the Cyclist was bloody excellent but a crap name and not enough done to make it obvious to the average Joe that there was a pub in the station.

Great shame.
What a stupid name for a pub at the station, it would have to be railway related and the shorter the better.
Like, The Station, or something of that ilk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I used it now and again to meet friends before and after games and was always surprised it wasn't much busier. however before I was told about it I had absolutely no idea it was there, and therein lied the problem I suspect. Great shame though as it was a good venue. With the right marketing someone will take that site and make a killing I would have thought.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Love it! :lol: Reason for using a pub? Great Scotch eggs!
Great Scotch eggs????... they were the best in the World ever, ever. However, the food did drop off and the 2 younger really keen and welcoming "managers?" disappeared which tended to make you feel there was trouble ahead. A sad miss tho... always enjoyed popping in there. Homemade Piccalilli was superb as well!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Big shame this as it had a lot of character. Popped in there last Tuesday before the Cardiff game.

Although £4.40 for a Harveys was a bit steep so had the one and retreated to the Evening Star for a £3.30 pint.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder how the talks between the owners of the Cyclist and Southern are progressing. Hopefully they can find a way of re-opening but given Southern's obvious lack of any negotiating skills who knows?

I think Southern were pushing for barmaid only operation .... BOO

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder how the talks between the owners of the Cyclist and Southern are progressing. Hopefully they can find a way of re-opening but given Southern's obvious lack of any negotiating skills who knows?

I would imagine they are more concerned about who will open and close the bar door.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Problem for me is the toilet situation, they had one put in but you had to go and ask for a key behind the bar. I was stuck at Brighton for a while the other week, I was tempted to stay for a second but more tempted by my bladder which, as there was one person in the toilet and one waiting, meant leaving to go to the station toilets taking all my stuff with me. Couldn't be bothered to go back. It's a place that plenty of people will visit on their own while waiting for a train so think they missed something there.

Of course they'll blame the strikes, no closing business ever admits to getting things wrong.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Problem for me is the toilet situation, they had one put in but you had to go and ask for a key behind the bar. I was stuck at Brighton for a while the other week, I was tempted to stay for a second but more tempted by my bladder which, as there was one person in the toilet and one waiting, meant leaving to go to the station toilets taking all my stuff with me. Couldn't be bothered to go back. It's a place that plenty of people will visit on their own while waiting for a train so think they missed something there.

Of course they'll blame the strikes, no closing business ever admits to getting things wrong.....

Oooh ooh ooh I agree. No toilets OR smoking and probably priced at the top end as their rent was high. Why would you go there and not the Albert/BoT/Evening Star?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here