Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cyclist - Brighton station

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I noticed it yesterday. It does't look as awful as i'd expect it to, though I can see it being a bit hipsterish. It would be an ok place to meet visitors with limited navigation skills

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Thank GOODNESS, Brighton Station has been crying out for this, otherwise you have to walk MILES to get a pub.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If they're open before 6.30am this could be seriously bad news for my waistline. #BaconSarnieOnTheTrain

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Stalybridge, Dewsbury and Huddersfield all have pretty good Station bars. Oh, and I believe Sheffield does as well.
Greenfields, Mossley,.... 'The Ale Train'..... did it last year whilst on my son-in-laws stag day,..... great beer at each and every one between Huddersfield and Mossley.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
looks good.

Is it where the toilets are next to the gate that lets us through for the falmer trains ? If so , great chance to send in a mate to grab some beers for the que.

Plastic glasses surely

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What was wrong with Bonapartes?

Bloody loved that bar,you were only permitted in there if you had had a " proper " day out boozing and smelled of vomit and kebabs.

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Who needs pictures of new signings, new kit and new training grounds 20140626_200544.jpg20140626_200627.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bonapartes. You are correct, it was shite.

Always found Bonapartes a strangely-reassuring Brightonian seedy drinking-hole of last resort before you got on a train. Few passengers dared venture in there, the bar staff were a bit creepy if not downright sinister, as a result you got served straight away. Seem to recall it had the train departure times on an even cruder form of Ceefax than the original, should such a thing be possible. DFLs would have HATED it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The spoons in Leeds station is ok, as are the pubs upstairs at Euston and Manchester Picadilly for a swift one. You also get to use the toliet for free.

Oct 25, 2003
newcastle has a great station pub....it's certainly possible

one potential issue for this place is the sheer amount of competition. There are so many decent pubs within a 5-10 walk

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Always found Bonapartes a strangely-reassuring Brightonian seedy drinking-hole of last resort before you got on a train. Few passengers dared venture in there, the bar staff were a bit creepy if not downright sinister, as a result you got served straight away. Seem to recall it had the train departure times on an even cruder form of Ceefax than the original, should such a thing be possible. DFLs would have HATED it.

It always had a fairly off putting smell to it, if I remember rightly. I can't remember if it was piss or vomit???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here