Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
According to Buttcoin, number go up because they've started churning out unbacked Tether again. Sounds about right

It's backed but, its back by 60% debt of different risk levels. But yeah it ain't perfect but neither is rehypothecation in the banking industry.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I agree. Leverage is truly scary stuff and definitely something to steer well clear of. Any investment without guaranteed return (and I include shares as well as crypto in this) is a gamble and should be treated the same as going into a bookies and handing over your cash.

If that your view then everything in life's a gamble but i think there's a difference between an investor looking at long term investment not worried about price over the short and medium term and a speculator after short term price action. Most in crypto are of a speculator mindset which is why is so volatile and manipulatable.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The recent increase has been on the cards for the past couple of months, not really any surprise if you follow the on chain analysis.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
ADA going big time today post their Alonso Purple upgrade.... still a lot of potential there for more big growth this month when the full Alonso upgrade is up and running.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
OK Doc, you win. I have absolutely NO idea what that word means. And have ZERO intention of being arsed to look it up :shrug:

Its when you deposit your money in your interest account and they lend it to HSBC, who lends it to Barclays, who lends it Santander, who lends it Well Fargo, who lends it to JP Morgan, who lends it to a mortgage provider who lends it to Tom and Sue in the mid west, who have no ability to pay back the loan as Sue has just been made redundant.

Hundreds of thousands of Toms and Sue's equals quantitative easing too head off a massive recession.

Quantitative easing as one of many other things equals as you said Buttcoin.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I’ve just sold some of my Cardano on Coinbase.

How do I then get the money back into my bank account?

Does it happen automatically?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I’ve just sold some of my Cardano on Coinbase.

How do I then get the money back into my bank account?

Does it happen automatically?

Did you get stung for fees, use coinbase pro very cheap fees and free transfers in and out of your bank. You can transfer between Coinbase and Coinbase Pro for free

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Been a little while since I posted on here, I remember being told 2 months ago we were in a bear market. Awkward.

Dollar cost averaged in during the slump, so sitting 25% up now. Expecting to see Ethereum test all time highs come September, with an eventual push to $5k not long after.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
New All Time High for Terra Luna today and UST showing the way for stable coins.
Loads of projects in the wings waiting to launch, once the upgrade goes live, watch this space.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
New All Time High for Terra Luna today and UST showing the way for stable coins.
Loads of projects in the wings waiting to launch, once the upgrade goes live, watch this space.

I've got a bit of Luna. Just a bit. My small crypto chunks into 38% profit over the last week or so following a long period in the red...:mad:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I've got a bit of Luna. Just a bit. My small crypto chunks into 38% profit over the last week or so following a long period in the red...:mad:

Have you staked it or is it just resting in a wallet?

This one can work really hard for you, when you start adding up all the drops and staking returns for anchor, mirror, UST and Mine. There are around 20 projects in the pipeline all with airdrops planned, if you stake your Luna.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Have you staked it or is it just resting in a wallet?

This one can work really hard for you, when you start adding up all the drops and staking returns for anchor, mirror, UST and Mine. There are around 20 projects in the pipeline all with airdrops planned, if you stake your Luna.

Nope, not even in a wallet, just in my exchange account. :eek:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Nope, not even in a wallet, just in my exchange account. :eek:

You can install the Terra Station Wallet on your mobile and transfer your coins there. It is a good place to start. It can be a bit daunting first time you make a transfer, but there is also plenty of step by step guides, which if you follow them carefully and take your time, it will be fine.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I am gutted as I was putting a cpl of grand into cardano when they were .75 now 1.20 but the apps just wanted IDs, salary details etc. Even when I tried it kept rejecting my passport. So much for being anonymous and decentralised. Have to give my life story to buy and sell. Back in the day this was never like that. I understand it’s to stop money laundering but it’s a bit over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here