[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Stormclouds are gathering for Binance. Poland is the latest country to issue a proceed with caution warning 'The Polish Financial Supervision Authority (UKNF) is warning customers to use caution when using the services of Binance group entities.' (multiple sources)

They certainly are, but for a 'tulips bubble' it seems rather a heavy handed panicked response by major international banks drawing a huge amount of attention to it. Seems like a signpost that is saying "we're really worried about this now"...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They certainly are, but for a 'tulips bubble' it seems rather a heavy handed panicked response by major international banks drawing a huge amount of attention to it. Seems like a signpost that is saying "we're really worried about this now"...

Binance End Of Days draws ever closer...

IMG_20210715_132639.jpg

Italy latest country to issue 'Do Not Touch With Bargepole' warning

IMG_20210715_132749.jpg

Mind your bags kidz

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

as you're not familar with the space, Binance built up its user base from having very wide range of tokens, with some vetting (avoiding the utter rubbish), a good UI, no KYC for under 2 BTC. fiat on/off ramp was a relatively new addition and lags behind other exchanges. while the competition has caught up, its still one of the better for range and UI, lack of KYC, so isnt going anywhere.

the claim isnt even true, currently <$10 discount on BTC/GBP to BTC/USD

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
well I am now officially half as rich (twice as poor??) as I was before buying crypto. I now have lost half my investment with lowlights between -20% and -67.65% on my portfolio.

planned early retirement is on hold and instead I'm out robbing tonight to pay for my next meal.

earlier expectations have been replaced with a crushing reality that nothing is free and when something is too good to be true it probably is.

On a completely separate note does anyone know what a kidney is currently worth?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
well I am now officially half as rich (twice as poor??) as I was before buying crypto. I now have lost half my investment with lowlights between -20% and -67.65% on my portfolio.

planned early retirement is on hold and instead I'm out robbing tonight to pay for my next meal.

earlier expectations have been replaced with a crushing reality that nothing is free and when something is too good to be true it probably is.

On a completely separate note does anyone know what a kidney is currently worth?

0.5 BTC today, who knows tomorrow...

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
well I am now officially half as rich (twice as poor??) as I was before buying crypto. I now have lost half my investment with lowlights between -20% and -67.65% on my portfolio. ...

welcome to the club brethren. if you bought decent tokens you can wait for the next bull cycle (6 mths to 3 yrs?) and retirement will be on course. if you bought trash meme tokens, thats too bad but you may have gained knowledge for next time :lolol:

i have lowlights of -95%, with knowledge gained :moo:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Go check for yourself. Nothing to see here. It is trivial to move bitcoin to a wallet or another exchange

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/markets/

Totally agree. You can equally easily trade from one shitcoin to a different shitcoin within binance. But here's the thing. They want to avoid paying you out in fiat currency. They want to pass that particular parcel to some other exchange. Except they'll be increasingly reluctant to do so also...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Totally agree. You can equally easily trade from one shitcoin to a different shitcoin within binance. But here's the thing. They want to avoid paying you out in fiat currency. They want to pass that particular parcel to some other exchange. Except they'll be increasingly reluctant to do so also...

They all said he was mad sleeping on a mattress stuffed with Scottish pound notes, but one day he would show them. They won't be laughing then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
as you're not familar with the space, Binance built up its user base from having very wide range of tokens, with some vetting (avoiding the utter rubbish), a good UI, no KYC for under 2 BTC. fiat on/off ramp was a relatively new addition and lags behind other exchanges. while the competition has caught up, its still one of the better for range and UI, lack of KYC, so isnt going anywhere.

the claim isnt even true, currently <$10 discount on BTC/GBP to BTC/USD

I AM 'familiar with the space' cheers. 'The space' relies entirely on people like you spouting pure BS to lure new fiat currency in. Some of you may even be lucky enough to cash your bag out into real money to a Greater Fool. Most won't. Very many lives will be ruined. At best 'the space' is a MLM scheme. At worst it's a Ponzi scam. Same end result really for most people :shrug:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Mind your bags kidz

If its not possible to withdraw GBP off Binance, wouldn't the price of crypto in GBP be rising? Plenty of other offramps available if people are wanting to sell BTC for GBP...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I AM 'familiar with the space' cheers. 'The space' relies entirely on people like you spouting pure BS to lure new fiat currency in. Some of you may even be lucky enough to cash your bag out into real money to a Greater Fool. Most won't. Very many lives will be ruined. At best 'the space' is a MLM scheme. At worst it's a Ponzi scam. Same end result really for most people :shrug:

It's only a scam if you think other people think it will carry on increasing indefinitely at the same rate it historically has.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Two weeks ago I cashed out a big amount of GBP straight to my bank and it took about 30 seconds to complete. Clear Junction provided the functionality that enables it and have since paused the service to finance based on the UKs legal messaging about Binances regulated activities concerns. So it's not Binance not wanting to pay out in fiat at all. As that capability was paused this week I cashed another very large amount of GBP into USDC and sent to Coinbase and into my bank. The whole process took 8 mins.

Why are the UK after binance? Because the UK has banned futures trading and Binance continue to allow uk ip addresses to go long with up to x100 margin and futures trades. Until Binance sort that they are going to continue to have problems.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Two weeks ago I cashed out a big amount of GBP straight to my bank and it took about 30 seconds to complete. Clear Junction provided the functionality that enables it and have since paused the service to finance based on the UKs legal messaging about Binances regulated activities concerns. So it's not Binance not wanting to pay out in fiat at all. As that capability was paused this week I cashed another very large amount of GBP into USDC and sent to Coinbase and into my bank. The whole process took 8 mins.

Why are the UK after binance? Because the UK has banned futures trading and Binance continue to allow uk ip addresses to go long with up to x100 margin and futures trades. Until Binance sort that they are going to continue to have problems.

I got an offer from Kucoin today of up to 1000USD if I register for their futures trading service and yes they are aware I am a UK resident.
Binance also have no registered headquarters. I wouldn't be surprised to see a UK service - (minus futures) appear under a registered UK subsidiary, if this is technically possible.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I got an offer from Kucoin today of up to 1000USD if I register for their futures trading service and yes they are aware I am a UK resident.
Binance also have no registered headquarters. I wouldn't be surprised to see a UK service - (minus futures) appear under a registered UK subsidiary, if this is technically possible.

Binance already run Binance.us to comply with US regs, with reduced range of tokens. it wouldnt be a technical challenge to separate off the derivatives sections, might be a better way. Kucoin does this, odd as it pretends to block but when you close the notice it lets you carry on trading on the futures section. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports