[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
if we are seeing Wyckoff playing through, looks like we just tapped line from earlier lows, move to the next phase and up. yep everyone in crypto now a Wyckoff expert having never heard of it until last month :jester:

Some positive indicators in on chain analysis that the price may start to increase (similar to 2020 Q4, according to Willy Woo), which would align with the Wyckoff accumulation phase.

Of course we could just be in a lower distribution phase and it could head south to $15k...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You only need to watch til about a minute in. Right up to the point where it says "1 USDT = $1 (until it doesn't")

It doesn't.

Head over to the very excellent r/buttcoin for news of the new insurance that can now be taken out against Tether becoming unpegged against the $. That insurance has the full backing of Tether. And guess what? In the event that Tether becomes unpegged against the $, you can only get paid out on that insurance in (wait for it) another crypto. :lolol: You can't get paid out in $.

Utterly shameful in its audacity. Shades of the 2008 financial crash and its mortgage-backed mickey mouse financial instruments.

End Days are coming for crypto :wave:

IMG_20210703_132348.jpg

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You only need to watch til about a minute in. Right up to the point where it says "1 USDT = $1 (until it doesn't")

It doesn't.

Head over to the very excellent r/buttcoin for news of the new insurance that can now be taken out against Tether becoming unpegged against the $. That insurance has the full backing of Tether. And guess what? In the event that Tether becomes unpegged against the $, you can only get paid out on that insurance in (wait for it) another crypto. :lolol: You can't get paid out in $.

Utterly shameful in its audacity. Shades of the 2008 financial crash and its mortgage-backed mickey mouse financial instruments.

End Days are coming for crypto :wave:

View attachment 138243

Did you watch the whole video?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
if we are seeing Wyckoff playing through, looks like we just tapped line from earlier lows, move to the next phase and up. yep everyone in crypto now a Wyckoff expert having never heard of it until last month :jester:

You're pretty much spot on.

Until this video was posted nobody was even talking about it.

Guy went from a few subscribers to 160k+

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
For sure. Thank me later. Assuming you manage to cash out your magic internet beans in time :shrug:

I find skepticism always useful, so am skeptical of the crypto sphere myself.

What I find interesting is why there is such an anticrypto group mentality/cult that exists, similar, but obviously opposite, to the crypto moonbois.

The time people spend following r/buttcoin and then spreading that 'information' around, I find strange.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

What I find interesting is why there is such an anticrypto group mentality/cult that exists, similar, but obviously opposite, to the crypto moonbois.

The time people spend following r/buttcoin and then spreading that 'information' around, I find strange.

Strange why? No idea what age you are, but I'm guessing maybe not old enough to be fully invested in that dot.com bubble. Different times, same BS bubble based on little but BS. Much as you crypto bois might like to make this thread a closed crypto circle jerk, that's just not going to happen. There is no easy money to be made right here right now, it's just tempting shoeshine boys to invest money they can ill afford to lose. Will continue to Kick Against The Pricks until the NSC mods tell me otherwise. Meh, basically :shrug:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Strange why? No idea what age you are, but I'm guessing maybe not old enough to be fully invested in that dot.com bubble. Different times, same BS bubble based on little but BS. Much as you crypto bois might like to make this thread a closed crypto circle jerk, that's just not going to happen. There is no easy money to be made right here right now, it's just tempting shoeshine boys to invest money they can ill afford to lose. Will continue to Kick Against The Pricks until the NSC mods tell me otherwise. Meh, basically :shrug:

I don't think anyone wants a "closed crypto circle jerk", skepticism is healthy, as long as it is reasonable and considered.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I don't think anyone wants a "closed crypto circle jerk", skepticism is healthy, as long as it is reasonable and considered.

Completely agree. [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] keep up the skepticism, this thread does occasionally veer into ‘you cannot lose in the long run’ territory….fomo is a huge driver even more so in a fully social media engaged world.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

If I had money to invest, I wouldn't invest it in crypto, but I'm probably an anti-crypto (in your terminology) at what we might call the ideological level, for the kind of reasons expressed here:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ptocurrencies-financial-system-digital-future

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well i appear to be doing really well - I have $89k in one account which is a great return on my investment of $0... Got two other accounts that I did not know about either which are showing big returns.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If I had money to invest, I wouldn't invest it in crypto, but I'm probably an anti-crypto (in your terminology) at what we might call the ideological level, for the kind of reasons expressed here:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ptocurrencies-financial-system-digital-future

That is a bit like saying you are Anti-TV because of the GB News Agenda. The technology is separate from the political agenda of libertarianism, which I certainly don't support. In fact there is a good case for arguing that crypto, can be a powerful force against corruption around the world, for the good of soceity. The technology doesn't have a political agenda, some of the people who design and use it do. They come from all walks of life and certainly do not solely represent a narrow political spectrum.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well i appear to be doing really well - I have $89k in one account which is a great return on my investment of $0... Got two other accounts that I did not know about either which are showing big returns.

You'll be a bit disappointed if you don't cash out a big chunk of that into real money. Or at least try to. Just so you know for peace of mind that the mechanism actually functions like you'd assume it would do in a financially regulated world. Oh. Good luck anyways :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

"Quinn Slobodian is a historian of modern German and international history with a focus on North-South politics."

Sounds like the kind of expertise you need to be writing on crypto.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
New company for you to put your monopoly money with.
[TWEET]1410976559008305161[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports