Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not exactly suprised crypto is TANKING again today.

Know a couple of people who went to the Miami conference and aparantly it was an absolute shambles. Most of the presentations were abysmal and shock horror most people involved had as much depth as a puddle.

The main nightclubs who had agreed to take Eth before the event quickly retracted that agreement during the conference.

Shambles.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone know anything/have any experience of using Immediate Edge?

I'm assuming the sales pitch I watched on it the other night is far too good to be true....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You haven't lost anything if it's still in your wallet.

i have a menagerie of shitcoins from 2017 and even last autumn that come from that thinking. :jester:

what is interesting in todays fall is that major alts are not keeping up with BTC, holding onto some of their recent gains. on the other hand, it seems to be without reason, no news or FUD to prompt reaction. which is much more worrying...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'll await the terms like "I readjusted my position to manage my expose to losses".... PANIC!
Haha my favourite is further up the thread. Dollar averaging or some bollox. Which basically means you buy more as the price goes down or some such nonsense. You have to be completely mad to still be in the game at this point or too proud to realise the losses !!!

Don't get me wrong there was some incredibly easy money to be made earlier in the year. But sometimes you just have to cut your losses and wait for the next sustained push (if it ever comes)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I keep a spreadsheet that records all transactions as I accumulate.

I don't need the money for another 15 years. Only take profit if I've held it for over 12 months because the tax hit is far less at that point. (apart from the odd pump and dump).

Always reinvest that fiat when a suitable dip occurs.

Well, well ahead so not changing my strategy.

If you bought before the beginning of this year I would hope you are. It would take quite a lot of skill not to be.

But looking at the GPW chart on my Bloomberg screen its all looking a bit different now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Glad I haven't got involved tbh, I'll stick to my 50p accas on the footy!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I wonder if the BTC crash is related at all with the Australian Police/FBI/EuroPol Messaging App Fraud collection and then related FBI actions today...or just totally separate actions?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I wonder if the BTC crash is related at all with the Australian Police/FBI/EuroPol Messaging App Fraud collection and then related FBI actions today...or just totally separate actions?

Totally irrelevant imo. The price was on a knife edge around $34k and a daily close below was always going to be highly significant in the direction of the market. $23k and even back to $13k now possibilities if that $34k isn't recovered fast!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
i have a menagerie of shitcoins from 2017 and even last autumn that come from that thinking. :jester:

what is interesting in todays fall is that major alts are not keeping up with BTC, holding onto some of their recent gains. on the other hand, it seems to be without reason, no news or FUD to prompt reaction. which is much more worrying...

There are plenty of reasons, including changes in US monetary policy and concerted efforts by China to undermine the ‘currency.’ I first came across this thread quite recently and find it a little disturbing that so many people are only buying because it has been going up. There are no fundamentals in this market and a bunch of incredibly weak longs.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Totally irrelevant imo. The price was on a knife edge around $34k and a daily close below was always going to be highly significant in the direction of the market. $23k and even back to $13k now possibilities if that $34k isn't recovered fast!

ETH and BTC both recovering toward the last 3 week mean. It seems crypto simply doesn't want to reveal it's hand at this point. It is a roll of the dice in a game of snakes and ladders.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
interesting to note bitcoin low exact $31000.00 - suggests there must have been some massive BUY support at that price-current around 32700

I had a look at the Binance order book yesterday and there was a total of ~500 BTC at exactly $31,000, significantly the biggest buy order price.

Lots of on chain analysis shows some encouraging signs, although not all, and that's going against the current price trend/TA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here