Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have added AllianceBlock and Mettalex to my portfolio in the last couple of weeks. It would be good to see some more altcoins start to fly now that Bitcoin seems to have calmed down a little.

Apologies I should have been clearer. I have bought these as long term holds.Both are operating in potentially very lucrative spaces. Allianceblock is looking to bridge traditional finance to DEFI by addressing cross border regulatory issues and has some interesting long term staking options. Mettalex https://mettalex.com/ and its token based commodity trading, will be massive IF it gains traction in the market.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
FBI announcing it can trace and access Bitcoin no matter where the wallet is will not go down well lol

This nonsense they cant track it has always been a fib, they have been tracking it from day 1 in my opinion and know exactly who is using it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
FBI announcing it can trace and access Bitcoin no matter where the wallet is will not go down well lol

This nonsense they cant track it has always been a fib, they have been tracking it from day 1 in my opinion and know exactly who is using it.

This wasn't a sophisticated crime if they left half the ransom money in an online wallet. Did they also have the seed phrase saved online?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Is this the longest bit of price stability this year so far with Bitcoin as a baseline measure. May 19th to now appears to have just fluctuated $3k either side of $36k for 20 days.

Is this the longest bit of price stability this year so far with Bitcoin as a baseline measure. May 19th to now appears to have just fluctuated $3k either side of $36k for 20 days.

Lol that's stable! Bitcoin just broke support level and in 32k range after ANOTHER 10% drop overnight. And I was one of the FOMO mugs who dived on matic right at the top before losing 30% ..sold everything AGAIN last night as I saw sustained dips again around midnight. Left a little in binance for a small reinvestment in a few coins when the market stabilises . Will then delete the app for a year ☺️

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Lol that's stable! Bitcoin just broke support level and in 32k range after ANOTHER 10% drop overnight. And I was one of the FOMO mugs who dived on matic right at the top before losing 30% ..sold everything AGAIN last night as I saw sustained dips again around midnight. Left a little in binance for a small reinvestment in a few coins when the market stabilises . Will then delete the app for a year ☺️

Your trying to do to much IMHO. Playing short term like your trying to do is very hard and takes a lot of actual skill and ability to read what is going on. You also need to be on it a lot. You need to be looking for upward trends at the start not at the end of them. Long term prospective of good coins is still strong. Today is the sort of time you should be buying at the lower points. The good coins will make recovery and more.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Stable for crypto yes! Just look at the last 3 weeks compared to the last 6 months. This is like flat water. :lolol:

I put £600 in to dip my toe in a month ago. I've been buying various coins in small chunks at different prices and still have about £200 in fiat left in the wallet to trade with, traded between a few coins too. It's been as high as £650 and just hit a low of £577. Seems a good day to dip into the remaining £200 potentially. I'm playing the long game, risking an amount that isn't going to hurt too much if it goes, but one in which I can learn from and have a bit of fun. I won't go anymore until I'm comfortable with the processes, trading options, wallet options etc.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Your trying to do to much IMHO. Playing short term like your trying to do is very hard and takes a lot of actual skill and ability to read what is going on. You also need to be on it a lot. You need to be looking for upward trends at the start not at the end of them. Long term prospective of good coins is still strong. Today is the sort of time you should be buying at the lower points. The good coins will make recovery and more.

Spot on.

This is the perfect time to be dollar cost averaging your portfolio down.

If someone bought in at a high use the next few months to add small amounts at lower and lower prices so that the coins bought at the high point average a lot lower once an upward trend begins again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Spot on.

If someone bought in at a high use the next few months to add small amounts at lower and lower prices so that the coins bought at the high point average a lot lower once an upward trend begins again.

Is that crypto-bollocks for SELL! SELL! :lolol:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Is that crypto-bollocks for SELL! SELL! :lolol:

tenor.gif

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Spot on.

In the investment world in which I work that's called "scaling in".

And its a standard joke because everyone knows it means you've lost money.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You don't mtm then?

I keep a spreadsheet that records all transactions as I accumulate.

I don't need the money for another 15 years. Only take profit if I've held it for over 12 months because the tax hit is far less at that point. (apart from the odd pump and dump).

Always reinvest that fiat when a suitable dip occurs.

Well, well ahead so not changing my strategy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here