Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
Just bought some Shiba. You never know!
God bless Cardano, helping to ease the pain of my untimely investment in Bitcoin, which I wrongly had down as the Pascal Gross of crypto (unspectacular but reliable) . Might as well keep it now.

Oops

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looking nasty tonight. breached about every support you could contrive and 21 weekly moving average. needs Asia to wake up early and take it up to ~47k to salvage, or could be a long drop.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There is a lot of red tonight even those that had made gains seen a lot of it wiped back out. Could be a bumpy ride for a while

just been looking through the charts - anyone come across (or worse-invested in-this one? https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/snowball/ )

In ONE WEEK prices fell from $24 to $1,50. With a name like SNOWBALL!!! its lived up to its name - snowballs hell in chance of recovering those losses

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Yeeeaaahhhh.
Lost a lot of money this weekend.
That’s high risk investments for you.
It could have been worse.
It still might get worse.
Longer term, I’m optimistic.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeeeaaahhhh.
Lost a lot of money this weekend.
That’s high risk investments for you.
It could have been worse.
It still might get worse.
Longer term, I’m optimistic.

"Oh what tangled webs we weave....."

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Have we all been played:

https://youtu.be/Lhf_2gJJS1I

Regardless, I'll be HODLing long term, still have belief in crypto and haven't got the time, or inclination to be timing the market.

I'm not really buying this. There is a very good chance the Bitcoin price will drop, it only has two other choices up or sideways, so he may yet be proved right.

The conspiracy theory is a lot harder to believe in what is a global market, of some considerable size and with a fair degree of transparency.

I am more inclined to believe that the Bitcoin price inflation has been underpinned by Tether printing cash and that a large cash call pre-empted by some crisis or other, will be the event that really rocks the market.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think mines gone down about £1200 in the last week :lol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Surprised this thread is quiet today.
Don't think anyone is gonna be shouting from the rooftop that they've lost a shedload of money. Quite interesting really. I must admit I thought bitcoin was due a correction purely on the basis that a few people started turning up on this thread who clearly didn't have a clue what they were doing !! Equivalent of the old shoe shine giving stock tips moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Think mines gone down about £1200 in the last week :lol:

It’s picking up! Although it could go to shit again very easily.
Crazy.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Don't think anyone is gonna be shouting from the rooftop that they've lost a shedload of money. Quite interesting really. I must admit I thought bitcoin was due a correction purely on the basis that a few people started turning up on this thread who clearly didn't have a clue what they were doing !! Equivalent of the old shoe shine giving stock tips moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

I've been sitting on cash for a while after taking near the top of ETH and ADA. I went back in with a bit on the first drop of 15%, which in retrospect was too early but went in again today (stupidly or sensibly, it's too early to tell)
Now you could argue that I'm 20% down on my portfolio in value terms, but I'm also now 10% up in my holdings, so it feels less like a loss.
I didn't however get my trade in OCEAN right. I was expecting a bit of a rally to near $2 and it's tanked to $1ish. Still well above my original punt at $0.48 in January but feel a bit sore about a missed opportunity.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm not really buying this. There is a very good chance the Bitcoin price will drop, it only has two other choices up or sideways, so he may yet be proved right.

The conspiracy theory is a lot harder to believe in what is a global market, of some considerable size and with a fair degree of transparency.

I am more inclined to believe that the Bitcoin price inflation has been underpinned by Tether printing cash and that a large cash call pre-empted by some crisis or other, will be the event that really rocks the market.

Normally I would agree with you, but, as the video shows its a text book example, assuming the price continues to drop.

Also, given the BTC whales, I can readily believe that a relatively small number of parties can affect the market, more or less, to their bidding.

Having said that the pattern could be more indicative of general behaviour, rather than a specific intention. Either way the end is potentially the same...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Normally I would agree with you, but, as the video shows its a text book example, assuming the price continues to drop.

well yeah, text book always if the move plays out. there was a text book bullish setup end of May, until it wasnt. :lolol:

should have known when broke spider line at 53k, next is 39k, coinflip this evening which way we're going. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here