Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This is all very normal. You’ve done transactions at just about the busiest time for the network so it will take time. Check the transaction on the blockchain and you’ll see where it’s at. If you can’t work out how to do that feel free to post it here and I’ll look for you. (Nothing unsafe about doing so, it’s already on the public blockchain...your call though). You’ll be fine.

Really new to this so not too sure of the terminology- is the blockchain the end to end process?
And is it the txid you need to view?

Thanks!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Cheers!
So..

Not quite sure what you've done, you said you've downloaded binance - yes

Did you mean that registered on binance exchange to buy ETH? Yes

Where did you send your original sterling cash to? Binance exchange? Yes

And if so, you'd need to withdraw funds from binance to trust wallet address. Done that

As someone else wrote, it's perfectly safe to post your trust wallet public address (if you want one of us to look) what you must never ever do is post your private keys or seed phrases (private key recovery). Will send a pm

If your gas price is to low when making transfer it can take hours my lad reckons this is the issue

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Cheers!
So..

Not quite sure what you've done, you said you've downloaded binance - yes

Did you mean that registered on binance exchange to buy ETH? Yes

Where did you send your original sterling cash to? Binance exchange? Yes

And if so, you'd need to withdraw funds from binance to trust wallet address. Done that

As someone else wrote, it's perfectly safe to post your trust wallet public address (if you want one of us to look) what you must never ever do is post your private keys or seed phrases (private key recovery). Will send a pm

If your gas price is to low when making transfer it can take hours my lad reckons this is the issue

I got your PM, checked the public address you gave and its definitely never had any transaction on it, so if that was your trust wallet public address (as I assume), then for 100% no ETH got there, but for what reason, I still dont know yet, I was going to reply on PM but as you cant add/upload photos in PM messages, I will write reply here, feel free to reply by PM again.

So next thing to try is to have a look at the public address of your binance exchange ETH wallet (the wallet from which you tried to send the ETH to your trust wallet). I have a feeling you may have sent it in the wrong format.... but I'll try and check that for you.

There are 3 pics here to show you how to find your ETH public address on binance (from that I can look at transactions on it - same as the trust wallet address previously)

1) binance1.jpg

Log back into binance, click on top bar wallet, then from dropdown choose "Fiat and Spot" highlighted yellow in pic

2) binance2.jpg

On the search line (the left arrow in the pic) type search term ETH and it will automatically put it to the top, then click on "deposit" (right arrow - as if you were going to deposit ETH to binance) this will bring up your ETH public wallet address

3) binance3.jpg

Window will open on this page, I have partially blacked out my binance ETH public wallet address, its this you want..... if you can PM that I can search for you and check what if any transactions have happened. If you bought ETH it should be or shouldve been at this address.

If you notice at the top, in yellow its highlighted ERC20, this is what I suspect may have caught you out??, but I will need to check.

If you sent it as either BEP2 or BEP20 (binance chain and not Ethereum) that would cause the issue. But I'll look for you.

chippy

Jan 6, 2017
sorry to jump in here, but this is something I've been confused about and has stopped me getting involved yet... decided that binance is prob my bet bet re exchanges, want to download and use desktop app. thought that having a wallet such as Trust Wallet was needed (although that only seem to be availble as a phone app?) but reading the last few posts has made me wonder whether the coins can just be held in binance account while they do their thing and see what happens...?

Am stlla bit confused as to the whole wallet thing, re having to give photo id validation to access finds etc... and info would be appreciated!

Franky Small

Nov 29, 2020
UK
I like what they are doing and some of the projects they are linked to in recent times. I see them more long term investment rather than short same as EOS. I’m only playing with a small investment so initially have been trading profits but have a small other pool I am looking to use just to sit there on both of those.

EOS used to be a top project but now it is not as interesting as it used to be. As far as I know Larimer left it and the number of commits on GitHub is getting lower.

Franky Small

Nov 29, 2020
UK
What crypto bloggers and youtubers would you recommend to follow? Stumbled upon InvestAnswers on YT. Like how meticulous he is in analysing crypto market. But it would be great to look at it from a different perspective. I would greatly appreciate your recommendations :bowdown:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
What crypto bloggers and youtubers would you recommend to follow? Stumbled upon InvestAnswers on YT. Like how meticulous he is in analysing crypto market. But it would be great to look at it from a different perspective. I would greatly appreciate your recommendations :bowdown:

Try the app CryptoPanic

A good news feed.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

If you can ignore the shills for his paid lessons this guy has a very measured and skilled take on the market.

https://youtube.com/c/CryptoCrewUniversity

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Had some cash in my Binance account ready to go, but didn't go for it in that dip a week or so ago as was just getting a feel for it. Everything seems to have gone up since then - feels like the wrong time to step in...

Trias continues to go ballistic (up 300% on my entry now) and is still relatively low market cap but you’re right to not chase green candles. It’s rarely worked well for me. If it does revisit the $10-15 zone would be a good retest entry point imo.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Just taken the plunge, love gamberling and this seems fun. Signed up with Binance then bought £200 cardone and £200 Etherneum . Won't put any more money into crypto at all, but will enjoy watching. Seem better value than some bets I have done in the past, as when sports betting if u lose money is gone. However with this even if price halves in next month then I still have my money riding.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Anyone own any HBAR?

Bought in at around 10p back in February. Within weeks it went to over 30p. It was my first significant stake and I thought this couldn't really be any easier. It has been consolidating for some time around the 20p mark and has potential to go much higher. I have added a number of other projects to my portfolio and none of them have kicked on anywhere near this level.

There is loads of positive vibes around this project and it is really easy to get carried away with all the hype. Governing council members, more transactions than Ethereum, low fees, low energy use.

It is worth seeking out some negative views as well, and there are some interesting arguments against, to get some balance.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bought some Cardano yesterday, partly because it sounds like a disappointing Poyet signing from the Spanish second division.
There's also decent growth potential. Might be worth a few of your quid.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I posted one of these a couple of weeks ago. If anyone is interested it is a simple Excel treemap graph. It is quite an effective way of showing your portfolio split. I am around 40% up with a couple of weeks to go to complete my first quarter of trading.

Given how favourable the market has been, this is not particularly impressive, but I am looking to build a position over 2 years and it is a step in the right direction.

holdings 9 may.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just taken the plunge, love gamberling and this seems fun. Signed up with Binance then bought £200 cardone and £200 Etherneum . Won't put any more money into crypto at all, but will enjoy watching. Seem better value than some bets I have done in the past, as when sports betting if u lose money is gone. However with this even if price halves in next month then I still have my money riding.

Anything in the top 50 that isn't a meme coin like Doge or Shiba Inu should see a positive return over time. Its wild but just don't panic sell if it's down 20% in a day, it happens!

Ethereum is smart, BnB binance own token will grow, solana(SOL) is another platform with similar utility. Leo looks primed, it's the exchange token of one of the largest exchanges bitfinex and they're actively buying back and burning (causing supply deflation).

It's all a gamble, but you'll do fine if you just hold over the longer term. The real gambles are the new ultra low caps, they're going to 10-100x or just die...... Finding and then separating out the gold in a sea of shitcoins is the challenge!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ok ya legends. Here's one to get involved with. I've just grabbed around 570,000,000 coins of this so if you want to try and create your very own dogecoin (probably not) moment get onboard. It's actually a great concept that does some good and can be a bit of fun.

Unlike shitcoins this one actually throws a small % to charities. Combining greed with philanthropy. Only been around for 14 days but already 1 million + has gone to their first charity which gets picked by the Munch community each month.

https://munchtoken.com/

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/munch-token

Just wiped off a zero and still growing strongly.

Bitboy AMA tomorrow could give it another nice boost.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Eth looks good. Up 90% for the month.

I am not sure what others say but I take profit every so often. Taken way more out than I have put in now and have a new set of golf clubs etc to show for it. I don’t play big though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here