Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What did you buy at ?

0.4 for £1015 - can’t see what rate was. Sold vet earlier for £300 profit so hoping that goes down again and I’ll buy back in - just mucking around a bit with it all at mo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
ETH isnt going anywhere so is arguably one of the least volatile gambles in Crypto.

Given the size of market cap, it isnt likely to produce huge gains this year but if the expected fixes in July materialise, there's growth opportunity

Saying all that, it's just hit all-time high, so may be overpriced.

Least volatile, but almost doubled in a month :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is the chart that is making me cautious
e76a935f71134a195692b4a6f0125810.jpg

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I’ve dabbled with EOS and Cardano this week and have withdrawn profits into part of a ETH coin. Looking to buy back into both. Does anyone else hold money in either? EOS made big gains earlier this week. I missed the high point when selling out but still a tidy profit per coin having come in at £5.34. Read a lot about EOS and it’s background but it appears to have floundered as a ETH alternative since 2018 but appears to have a bit of momentum at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Had some cash in my Binance account ready to go, but didn't go for it in that dip a week or so ago as was just getting a feel for it. Everything seems to have gone up since then - feels like the wrong time to step in...

Still time to step in for many coins in this bull run.

So long as you're realistic and happy with anything from a range of x1 to maybe x4 you can increase your portfolio value.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I’ve dabbled with EOS and Cardano this week and have withdrawn profits into part of a ETH coin. Looking to buy back into both. Does anyone else hold money in either? EOS made big gains earlier this week. I missed the high point when selling out but still a tidy profit per coin having come in at £5.34. Read a lot about EOS and it’s background but it appears to have floundered as a ETH alternative since 2018 but appears to have a bit of momentum at the moment.
I have sitting coins in BTC, ETH, ADA, DOT, and a number of others. These are long term and never traded.

I also have my trading account which has all sorts in

Cardano is my favorite project.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I have sitting coins in BTC, ETH, ADA, DOT, and a number of others. These are long term and never traded.

I also have my trading account which has all sorts in

Cardano is my favorite project.

I like what they are doing and some of the projects they are linked to in recent times. I see them more long term investment rather than short same as EOS. I’m only playing with a small investment so initially have been trading profits but have a small other pool I am looking to use just to sit there on both of those.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I’ve just taken a first step into this today and feel something has ballsed up already, so any help would be appreciated
My lad has been doing it for a while so he helped me.
This morning I downloaded Binance and Trust Wallet and I purchased some ETH - and all the transactions look fine etc.
...however, the amount has NOT moved to /showing in Trust wallet, which apparently it should do.
My lad has set it up exactly as his is, and can’t fathom out why it hasn’t worked.

Are we just being impatient or should it be showing in Trust Wallet by now?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I’ve just taken a first step into this today and feel something has ballsed up already, so any help would be appreciated
This morning I downloaded Binance and Trust Wallet and I purchased some ETH - and all the transactions look fine etc.
...however, the amount has NOT moved to /showing in Trust wallet, which apparently it should do.
My lad has set it up exactly as his is, and can’t fathom out why it hasn’t worked.

Don’t you need to have some Binance coin as there is a transaction charge to take your coins out of Binance into Trust Wallet? Otherwise its just in Binance in your exchange account. I don’t think it automatically can go from Binance exchange to your wallet.:shrug:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Don’t you need to have some Binance coin as there is a transaction charge to take your coins out of Binance into Trust Wallet? Otherwise its just in Binance in your exchange account. I don’t think it automatically can go from Binance exchange to your wallet.:shrug:

My lad says that’s not the case as he’s got no Binance coins and it works fine for him?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

obvious thing to check is if you sent to the correct address, setup in the Trust Wallet. in binance you should see the address sent to and also a link to view transaction on the blockchain.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
obvious thing to check is if you sent to the correct address, setup in the Trust Wallet. in binance you should see the address sent to and also a link to view transaction on the blockchain.

Cheers. So we’ve just checked that and it’s as it should be.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

This is all very normal. You’ve done transactions at just about the busiest time for the network so it will take time. Check the transaction on the blockchain and you’ll see where it’s at. If you can’t work out how to do that feel free to post it here and I’ll look for you. (Nothing unsafe about doing so, it’s already on the public blockchain...your call though). You’ll be fine.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Not quite sure what you've done, you said you've downloaded binance???

Did you mean that registered on binance exchange to buy ETH?

Where did you send your original sterling cash to? Binance exchange?

And if so, you'd need to withdraw funds from binance to trust wallet address.

As someone else wrote, it's perfectly safe to post your trust wallet public address (if you want one of us to look) what you must never ever do is post your private keys or seed phrases (private key recovery).

The public address is like a bank account number (it's a public ledger), the private key your pin. Nobody can steal anything with a public wallet address.

If you explain in more detail each step I'm sure we can work it out, and if you want to check your wallet for the transaction just post the wallet public address (only).

Or copy and paste it into etherscan.io

If your gas price is to low when making transfer it can take hours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here