Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ok ya legends. Here's one to get involved with. I've just grabbed around 570,000,000 coins of this so if you want to try and create your very own dogecoin (probably not) moment get onboard. It's actually a great concept that does some good and can be a bit of fun.

Unlike shitcoins this one actually throws a small % to charities. Combining greed with philanthropy. Only been around for 14 days but already 1 million + has gone to their first charity which gets picked by the Munch community each month.

https://munchtoken.com/

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/munch-token

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Couple of recent entries for me. Both low market cap, both high risk but potentially very high reward.

WNXM and TRIAS.

TRIAS 100% profit in 6 days from entry, initial investment withdrawn, remainder left in for the moon mission. Rinse, repeat.

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 10.48.09.png

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Be alert. Some indicators suggesting we could be near the end of the bull run.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/T...ly-entering-the-final-stage-of-this-bull-run/

Well, not that near, it suggests:

...bull run to end in late July/early August

Which isn't that different to the general consensus of ~September.

Plus, (and I'm not saying this wont happen, it obviously will at some point), but a few days ago your TA was for big move on bitcoin on 28th April and 2nd May, which didn't really pan out...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bitcoin price

Well, not that near, it suggests:

Which isn't that different to the general consensus of ~September.

Plus, (and I'm not saying this wont happen, it obviously will at some point), but a few days ago your TA was for big move on bitcoin on 28th April and 2nd May, which didn't really pan out...

I’m seeing lots of commentary of people expecting bull top in Dec same as 2014 and 2017. The big corrective BTC move I mentioned is coming I’m pretty sure before the final run. In fact because it hasn’t yet is what is likely to make this a shorter run overall. The actual exact timing is incredibly hard to predict so in the dates I get from models I’m super watchful of price action at those moments so I can react if needed.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bitcoin price

If the "model" is giving you prices, it's not really a "date", is it...? :whistle:

No I use a model that predicts dates that prices are more likely to pivot. When combined with Fibonacci and ichimoku gives a really strong indicator of when to make a trade using trend/support and resistance/time.

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If the "model" is giving you prices, it's not really a "date", is it...? :whistle:

No I use a model that predicts dates that prices are more likely to pivot. When combined with Fibonacci and ichimoku gives a really strong indicator of when to make a trade using trend/support and resistance/time.

Dan, I have a feeling you've missed the joke in this one :) :) :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bull run will go on for a while yet. It could last until end of year in my opinion.

It would be very very out of the norm for it to be over anytime soon. The last 2 runs practically every mid and large cap coin pumped, we are way off that.

So this cycle would have to be very different and we have seen no indication of that. But who knows...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bull run will go on for a while yet. It could last until end of year in my opinion.

It would be very very out of the norm for it to be over anytime soon. The last 2 runs practically every mid and large cap coin pumped, we are way off that.

So this cycle would have to be very different and we have seen no indication of that. But who knows...

my many 20-50x gains say we're not way off, the pumping is here. i feel we're in a more protracted cycle. i dont anticipate a large alt season post BTC top, it will all crash down. or maybe not. really im more concerned some macro trend will throw everything off, until then im looking forward to my moderately sized home this autumn. IGMI.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
ETH isnt going anywhere so is arguably one of the least volatile gambles in Crypto.

Given the size of market cap, it isnt likely to produce huge gains this year but if the expected fixes in July materialise, there's growth opportunity

Saying all that, it's just hit all-time high, so may be overpriced.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
So those of us new to this want to get out before the bull run is done, yeah?
Depends on what you are doing. If you time bull and bear runs effectively you can make large gains but it is notoriously difficult.
Sometimes Ive done well taking profit and sitting, other times I should have just left well alone.

What you have already, you could lose tomorrow so manage that risk.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
ETH isnt going anywhere so is arguably one of the least volatile gambles in Crypto.

Given the size of market cap, it isnt likely to produce huge gains this year but if the expected fixes in July materialise, there's growth opportunity

What about Ethereum Classic ???

I know nothing about Crypto but on Monday someone told me to put any spare cash you have into Ethereum Classic.

Obviously I didn’t as I have no idea about it, but would be interested to know if his tip was a good one or not ?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Many commentators predicting eth will be $10000 before year end
Currently on just over $3000

Eth is the future.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Depends on what you are doing. If you time bull and bear runs effectively you can make large gains but it is notoriously difficult.
Sometimes Ive done well taking profit and sitting, other times I should have just left well alone.

What you have already, you could lose tomorrow so manage that risk.

I'm holding long term, so I guess there will be a bull run again in the future, just don't panic sell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here