Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Can't see there's much to worry about, now would be the perfect time to jump in if you're new.

Is this Bitcoin specific? Or just generally (whether it be Bitcoin/Ethereum etc)?

I've been looking for a while to buy in and sounds like now is the time possibly...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Near 10% drop today to $48,000. Isn't it heading to test the $42,000 barrier?

Yes should be. The guy that posted this chart on Twitter is a bonafide technical analysis genius and this is what he's expecting.

https://twitter.com/Anbessa100/status/1385525813232246784?s=20

ta.jpg

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Is this Bitcoin specific? Or just generally (whether it be Bitcoin/Ethereum etc)?

I've been looking for a while to buy in and sounds like now is the time possibly...

I think everyone is busy working out how much their holdings have dropped in the last 24 hours...:angel:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I got into crypto a week ago after seeing friends make HUGE amounts on their portfolios. Put in £300 ($335) and I wasn't silly - I spread over three cryptos to maximize my profit.

Today I am $104 down and all three are showing massive drops especially TRX at -39.77%

all the advice is to invest more ESPECIALLY as it has dropped so much.

Yes my friends are showing big losses but are still saying they are 150% up in last 2 months etc etc.

I'm small fry but it is scaring the shit out of me - dont gamble what you cant afford to lose etc etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes should be. The guy that posted this chart on Twitter is a bonafide technical analysis genius and this is what he's expecting.

bonafide aftertiming too, no mention of the retrace after break out of the wedge in the previous few days tweets. but now its sooo obvious :glare: :jester:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
bonafide aftertiming too, no mention of the retrace after break out of the wedge in the previous few days tweets. but now its sooo obvious :glare: :jester:

I actually don't remember him posting about BTCUSD action at all previously just Altcoin set ups which he nails almost to perfection.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
So who uses Binance?

Is the bank transfer route safe? It says the name on the account must match the Binance account name, anyone know how that works with a joint bank account - I thought UK joint accounts are individually named but for both parties? I don't want to transfer money, then not know where it is for days while they validate it.

Cheers!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
So who uses Binance?

Is the bank transfer route safe? It says the name on the account must match the Binance account name, anyone know how that works with a joint bank account - I thought UK joint accounts are individually named but for both parties? I don't want to transfer money, then not know where it is for days while they validate it.

Cheers!

Not had a problem, with their fast payments. Seems to take 10-15 minutes to arrive on average. Recommendation is to test it first with a smallish amount.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So who uses Binance?

Cheers!

I’ve done it loads and been absolutely fine. Have a joint account too.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So, what's the feeling in your bones AD, BTC going to get to sub 45k, or get in before it pumps again?

I think we are going to see a bit of a weekend pump, and then go lower in the week. I just think we’ll see 44 or lower. Am actually tempted to take more of my profit out if weekend pump occurs.

Higher time frame though I’m confident we will bounce and see a final parabolic pump before the cycle is done.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Just bought safe moon
Very high risk and quite hard to do
Only been around since late March 21

Who knows.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Having a nice little day with a coin called DENT.

Bought in at .0092 cents and it's up to 0.012.

Anyone else holding it? Hoping it can eventually push on to the 5-10 cent mark.

Love playing these small coins.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Having a nice little day with a coin called DENT.

Bought in at .0092 cents and it's up to 0.012.

Anyone else holding it? Hoping it can eventually push on to the 5-10 cent mark.

Love playing these small coins.

Do you just take a punt after reading a one off article or picking up a twitter-tip, or go into more depth about the tech behind the coin?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here