Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A reminder to never over extend and also apply risk management on trades. Futures are actually illegal in Uk now but weirdly I noticed my binance account still allows it.
In case anyone is wondering CZ is Changpeng Zhao founder and CEO of Binance. Binance is a Coinbase rival, based in Hong Kong and CZ is Canadian/Chinese.

My experience of using Binance is very positive, but there is a lot of complaints from the US. I am not sure if this is because their operation works differently over there, which it does partly due to regulation, or if there is an Anti-Chinese whiff about the whole thing.

Anyway anyone dumb enough to put all their life savings into futures trading, shouldn't really be looking to blame anyone else but themselves.

I was also surprised Binance seems to let you do this, but it still comes with some pretty stiff warnings about the risk, which you have to agree to before proceeding and it is more than a scroll and tick agreement.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A reminder to never over extend and also apply risk management on trades. Futures are actually illegal in Uk now but weirdly I noticed my binance account still allows it.

e24830c848a95d87b2691ff6d78dee0e.jpg

AIM is also a risk. I've got money tied up in junior mining companies, one of which has dropped considerably (although being helped by another which has risen significantly). Always important to only invest what can realistically be stomached with percentage losses. The loss making one will be left for sometime now as I think it will come back. But it's important not to get carried away. Futures is a no-no for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

e24830c848a95d87b2691ff6d78dee0e.jpg

Can't have much sympathy for someone who put all their eggs in one very volatile basket.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well it was fun while it lasted, but it looks like it is all over for Bitcoin.

Rishi Sunak is going to legislate it out of existence
www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1425...-england-spt&usg=AOvVaw14A3CUQ6U81ITfwA0KQUfV

Bill Gates is going to crash it
www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1425...britcoin-spt&usg=AOvVaw1avTbgaf9yIhRS3zK738vs

Warren Buffett is warning of impending doom
www.express.co.uk/news/world/142571...sk-tesla-spt&usg=AOvVaw0dWNyGb1kws7hxI-OW_348

All three stories presumably written by the Daily Express Weather Forecaster, time to get out folks.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Several years ago I had a go at bitcoin mining. I was using a couple of Radeon cards on my pc. Over the course of 4 months I managed to mine about 3/4 of a bitcoin. Back then I stopped since it didn't seem that bitcoin was worth too much. In fact, I would have just about covered the electricity that I was using. Anyway, since then, obviously, the value has gone up dramatically. My 3/4 is worth just around £29k.

The problem is since I stopped I have had a several pc problems and have lost all my bitcoin info other than my bitcoin key, the alphanumeric code that identifies my account. Does anyone know of a way that I could recover my piece of a bitcoin so that I can cash it in?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Several years ago I had a go at bitcoin mining. I was using a couple of Radeon cards on my pc. Over the course of 4 months I managed to mine about 3/4 of a bitcoin. Back then I stopped since it didn't seem that bitcoin was worth too much. In fact, I would have just about covered the electricity that I was using. Anyway, since then, obviously, the value has gone up dramatically. My 3/4 is worth just around £29k.

The problem is since I stopped I have had a several pc problems and have lost all my bitcoin info other than my bitcoin key, the alphanumeric code that identifies my account. Does anyone know of a way that I could recover my piece of a bitcoin so that I can cash it in?

If you pm me the alphanumeric code, I'll unlock it for you and send the bitcoin to a wallet you can setup.:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

install a Bitcoin wallet application, enter the private key and should recover. assuming you have the private key, not just the public address.

if not sure which you have, see this page. public keys that old always start with a 1. you'll also be able to sweep the address for Bitcoin Cash, and some others.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The big correction is in, looks like triggered by Biden raising CGT in the US. If you’ve been taking profits at the top I’m expecting $44k (weekly 21 ema) to be the area that holds before the rise to Valhalla, after that 41, if we go below 38 then it will get really ugly and we’ll have probably seen the top already and are going back to hell.

Big balls time [emoji23].

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my 9yo told me to sell some last weekend. should have listened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here