Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tell you what, if I had a magic money machine that generated 2% gains per week, I'd tend to put my own money in and quietly reap the dividends. I certainly wouldn't divulge my 'secret' to random marks on the internet. Unless of course I needed to, surprise, surprise, "bet with other people's money". Which means of course that someone higher up the food chain is betting with your money. Like I say, how do you think this ends for most of the marks lured into the Ponzi?

Superannuation funds divulge who they invest in.

Anyone can view who and how much they hold.

Ponzi?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
2% isn't much.

I do between 5-10% a week betting on Greyhounds for the place.
Consistently...?

You're telling us you make 1,100% - 14,000% APR from your gambling...?

Em3N3vFXIAEXWDh.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2% isn't much.

I do between 5-10% a week betting on Greyhounds for the place.
:wozza:
Consistently...?

Em3N3vFXIAEXWDh.jpg
This. Pathetic isn't it? This thread should come with a Health Warning to stop as few impressionable NSC users as possible being sucked into this pure grift. Guess what? If it looks too good to be true...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Consistently...?

Em3N3vFXIAEXWDh.jpg

I'm telling you that the % isn't high.

And how did you come up with those numbers? No question of what system is employed or how much is wagered.

I had a work mate who played a system where he turned $2 into over 4k by starting with a single bet and then just kept reinvesting the total on each bet. He only ever took odds of 1.10-1.20

I believe it took him just over 50 bets in a row to achieve that. The final bet was on a dog called Turnip.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm telling you that the % isn't high.

And how did you come up with those numbers? No question of what system is employed or how much is wagered.
The numbers? Maths. Given you are flummoxed by the simple compound interest calculation, it leads me to believe that you're probably not really one of the world's most successful gamblers... :shrug:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The numbers? Maths. Given you are flummoxed by the simple compound interest calculation, it leads me to believe that you're probably not really one of the world's most successful gamblers... :shrug:

What numbers? Did I say anything about what the price was or how much was wagered?

If you bet $10 each week on a $1.20 price you will end up with a profit of $104 for 12 months if every bet comes in.

So use your maths skills to work out what % that is a week...

Hardly a huge sum of money is it?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What numbers? Did I say anything about what the price was or how much was wagered?

If you bet $10 each week on a $1.20 price you will end up with a profit of $104 for 12 months if every bet comes in.

So use your maths skills to work out what % that is a week...

Hardly a huge sum of money is it?
You're now saying that you're making a 20% weekly "interest rate" from your gambling, equivalent to 1.3M% APR (or 1,040% annually in simple interest if you're not reinvesting).

Canadian Wow GIF by DJ Khaled

Of course, if you actually don't win 100% and limit yourself to a more realistic, but still very successful indeed, 75% win rate...

...you'll end up spending £130 to 'win' £78 - a net loss of £52. :lolol:

(Pro tip: long-term stats say that professional gamblers tend to win about 55% of bets)

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You're now saying that you're making a 20% weekly "interest rate" from your gambling, equivalent to 1.3M% APR (or 1,040% annually in simple interest if you're not reinvesting).

Canadian Wow GIF by DJ Khaled

Of course, if you actually don't win 100% and limit yourself to a more realistic, but still very successful indeed, 75% win rate...

...in reality you'll end up spending £130 to 'win' £104 - a net loss of £26. :lolol:

I provided you with an example of a small weekly bet that can produce a 20% return seeing as there's a few clueless types who think that 2% is a huge weekly return.

If you think 2% a week is a big return you're a pauper at heart.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I provided you with an example of a small weekly bet that can produce a 20% return seeing as there's a few clueless types who think that 2% is a huge weekly return.

If you think 2% a week is a big return you're a pauper at heart.
It's a small weekly bet that makes a 20% return, until it suddenly makes a 100% loss.

Somewhat like crypto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here