[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why would they want/need a slow and inefficient blockchain at all? Why not an all-singing all-dancing centralised database, same as they use for most purposes at the moment? IMHO blockchain remains a solution looking for a problem
you need to keep up, blockchains are not slow anymore (near instant Layer 2s) and inefficient is a matter of judgement. why not use a central database is a good question, why dont they use central databases today? why is it relatively slow to make interbank* and trans-national transactions? why does LIBOR and replacements use daily reporting? mostly because banks dont trust each other, they probably arent 100% about their own balance sheet, so fear their counterparty may not be solvent and also need to protect against bankrupty and fraud.

a public (or private within the banking sector) ledger would enable them to show their balance in real time. it wont be on public memechain, however the bankers are talking about using CDBC so clear they have interest and see the value. they'll pick some technologies and have custom system built, probably stake based as part of their licence.

*yes, we have Faster Payments in UK, our banks are better than many countries

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
yes, larger institutions, governments, will have their own blockchains. they arent going to allow a thrid party to hold or control large amounts of the token (essentially their currency), though will be happy to use some tech stack. the report talks about CDBCs, NFTs, tokenising assets and nothing about how XRP will do any of that.
The BoE position on this is interesting. They are undecided on whether blockchain is a requirement for a CBDC. My guess is that the debate is around how much information governments should have access to and the answer isn't always more is better.

It looks like ODL is aimed at the private DLT market and XRP would form a key part of the interoperability layer. If this is the case it becomes an on ramp for organisations, rather than a dilution of the use case for XRP. I may be wrong on this, as my main focus is on Quant, which I feel is a better bet. It is certainly not a zero sum game and it is very possible that both can thrive.

mrFrost777

Water never runs out from under a rock. Movement i
Jul 10, 2023
Germany
After reading the recent posts, I decided that I too will start investing in cryptocurrency. The world of digital currencies is rapidly developing and I want to be a part of it. I got acquainted with OWNR Wallet - a very convenient, feature-rich and secure virtual wallet application designed to simplify working with cryptocurrency. OWNR has everything from daily transactions to the cheapest way to buy bitcoin and even buy cryptocurrency with a card. With OWNR I can store, exchange, receive and send 9 coins, manage all ERC-20 tokens, and keep track of BTC price spikes. Here is the project website https://ownrwallet.com/.
Who else uses this wallet?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
a good day for XRP bagholders and all of crypto to get this resolved.

I've been using Pionex for a while now and have figured out a few of the bots. I'm a holder, so in Pionex, compared to what I'm holding, the losses have been less and the gains have been more. The grid trading does well in this respect, if you're just holding, you may as well trade.
The Arbitrage bot is a good 'low risk' one if you've got about 300+ USDT to play with. I'm on a 1x leverage strategy and making about 2% per week betting with other people's money.
The actual GPR bots need a subscription to trading view to work, if you don't have one, I'd not use this option but the GTP Marketplace bots could be a solution but I'm yet to have big gains here.
To sum up, if you hold coins, may as well move them into Pionex and add them to a grid trading bot. Sign up and DM me if you want pointers
OH AND GO CHECK OUT PIONEX ON TRUSTPILOT -> IN THEIR INDEPENDENT REVIEWS 25% ARE RATING 1/5 !!!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
OH AND GO CHECK OUT PIONEX ON TRUSTPILOT -> IN THEIR INDEPENDENT REVIEWS 25% ARE RATING 1/5 !!!
no need to shout, it was just a view, with a ref link. take it or leave it. we've had many shilling their world dominating tokens, and XRP, odd to get out of shape over an exchange.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Melted some snowflakes with a long-term review of Pionex... I'm happy with my trading strategy and returns. I won't share or try to help. Sorry.
What are the risks here Randy? Obviously you could make a trading loss, (which so far you haven't). Who has custody when you are staking you or Pionex?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
What are the risks here Randy? Obviously you could make a trading loss, (which so far you haven't). Who has custody when you are staking you or Pionex?

Assets are held in a Pionex wallet. Risks are the same with all crypto platforms, the thing I like about Pionex is the little AI bots work when I sleep so I don't have to manually buy/sell/swap. Not sure how much you're holding, but start small, get used to the bots and what they do, how they perform and respond if you edit parameters. If you like it and the numbers are good for you, move more assets. A lot of the bots have a minimum investment, usually around 50USDT, so not much to try it out with.

I've got some PEPE that's outperforming everything at the moment but I am manually looking after those at the moment.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Assets are held in a Pionex wallet. Risks are the same with all crypto platforms, the thing I like about Pionex is the little AI bots work when I sleep so I don't have to manually buy/sell/swap. Not sure how much you're holding, but start small, get used to the bots and what they do, how they perform and respond if you edit parameters. If you like it and the numbers are good for you, move more assets. A lot of the bots have a minimum investment, usually around 50USDT, so not much to try it out with.

I've got some PEPE that's outperforming everything at the moment but I am manually looking after those at the moment.
My strategy is more hold and or stake, rather than trade. I think some people maybe misunderstood your initial post, which is hardly surprising given the varying levels of knowledge and understanding here, hence my questions.

I have just had to purchase a third hardware wallet to cover my different assets. So I now have a Nano S, Trezor T, with Tangem cards on order. The Tangem cards will be used to move Kaspa off exchange. Kaspa has performed really well over the last few months, which has prompted me into action.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My strategy is more hold and or stake, rather than trade. I think some people maybe misunderstood your initial post, which is hardly surprising given the varying levels of knowledge and understanding here, hence my questions.

I have just had to purchase a third hardware wallet to cover my different assets. So I now have a Nano S, Trezor T, with Tangem cards on order. The Tangem cards will be used to move Kaspa off exchange. Kaspa has performed really well over the last few months, which has prompted me into action.

Love my Tangem card.

So easy to use and with the main card plus two back up cards it feels so much safer than ledgers. Added to the fact you don't need to remember a seed phrase and it's a big win for me.

I'm holding Kaspa too. One of those projects that it has the small cap hype about it which could see it move up quite a bit still at the end of a bull run.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Melted some snowflakes with a long-term review of Pionex... I'm happy with my trading strategy and returns. I won't share or try to help. Sorry.
'The Arbitrage bot is a good 'low risk' one if you've got about 300+ USDT to play with. I'm on a 1x leverage strategy and making about 2% per week betting with other people's money.'

How about you take a step back and give your head a bit of a wobble? I mean, have you any idea how absurd that BS above sounds out here in the real world? That's classic Ponzi right there! Number might go up on paper/screen, but how do you think this ends for you and for anybody else you sucker into it? Pure delusion :dunce: :lolol:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
'The Arbitrage bot is a good 'low risk' one if you've got about 300+ USDT to play with. I'm on a 1x leverage strategy and making about 2% per week betting with other people's money.'

How about you take a step back and give your head a bit of a wobble? I mean, have you any idea how absurd that BS above sounds out here in the real world? That's classic Ponzi right there! Number might go up on paper/screen, but how do you think this ends for you and for anybody else you sucker into it? Pure delusion :dunce: :lolol:
with arbitrage you're taking advantage of price gaps between markets. there are no "losers", only counterparties who missed out on slight better prices. there are plenty of ponzinomics around crypto, this isn't an example.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
with arbitrage you're taking advantage of price gaps between markets. there are no "losers", only counterparties who missed out on slight better prices. there are plenty of ponzinomics around crypto, this isn't an example.
Tell you what, if I had a magic money machine that generated 2% gains per week, I'd tend to put my own money in and quietly reap the dividends. I certainly wouldn't divulge my 'secret' to random marks on the internet. Unless of course I needed to, surprise, surprise, "bet with other people's money". Which means of course that someone higher up the food chain is betting with your money. Like I say, how do you think this ends for most of the marks lured into the Ponzi?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports