[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What is the easiest way to make a little on this newfangled stuff whilst avoiding silly monkey pictures ?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Maybe take a look at what @Berty23 is doing with swissborg?
This is the site. It explains how they comply with EU regulations. You get interest on your coins. They have systems to invest in different coins based on analysis etc. It feels as close as safe as it can be in crypto. https://swissborg.com/ I use the web 3 thematic thing.

Buying and selling specific coins is simply too. They trawl different exchanges for you to get best price. All happens instantly. Every time I have withdrawn money from selling my coins it is in my bank account in seconds. Literally. I hit withdraw. And then get instant alert from bank on my phone.

This lot took ages to get going and have always made a big thing of being compliant with EU law and operating as a financially regulated company. They are ex Swiss bankers and have been growing steadily.

Yes it might all go belly up but as a lazy low stakes investor it is so simple for me and can all be done from phone in seconds rather than messing about on exchanges.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
@Berty23 I'm going to give this a go. Just got my account under review at the moment. :thumbsup:
If it goes well then come back and thank me. If crypto goes to pot then I never said anything. I have bought some shares in the company as I am convinced it is going to go mainstream and if it does then I might be able to retire. If it doesn’t well I can just be happy for the ride as I have taken out everything I put in so now it is just profit that will be lost.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
The positive would be that digital currency would not be private but have the Bank of England behind it. We'd then have people with the integrity of the likes of Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng having influence. Stability would be guaranteed.
Not sure I understand this argument, yes our political system is corrupt however in terms of currency the pound has been pretty stable and inflation has historically been well controlled. Stability HAS pretty much been guaranteed.

In comparison the crypto market seems to me like the wild west to me with massive fluctuations in price and huge corruption, particularly from all these intermediaries that seem to be functioning like traditional banks but without any rules or regulations.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not sure I understand this argument, yes our political system is corrupt however in terms of currency the pound has been pretty stable and inflation has historically been well controlled. Stability HAS pretty much been guaranteed.

In comparison the crypto market seems to me like the wild west to me with massive fluctuations in price and huge corruption, particularly from all these intermediaries that seem to be functioning like traditional banks but without any rules or regulations.
A quasi stability. 20% £/$ fluctuation in a year.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What is the easiest way to make a little on this newfangled stuff whilst avoiding silly monkey pictures ?
Get an Uphold account.

Buy XRP, XLM, XDC, QUANT and Algorand.

Buy a Ledger Nano and whichever else cold storage wallet you need (basically just get it off the exchange)

Sit back for 3-5 years.

Collect your riches.

Not financial advice.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
LINK QNT XDC LYXe is all you need...forget the L1 crapshoot....maybe HBAR and ALGO.

Wait till late 2024/early 2025...thank me from your boat or jet.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
How does Crypto solve fluctuating exchange rates? Bitcoin is down 4% against the US dollar today!
That crypto assets have a dollar price is no desire or fault of crypto assets. Crypto assets do what they do. Each crypto does different things. All of them aren't here to "replace a shopping or bills paying system." Cypto assets will always have a supply and demand meeting point - most assets also have a BTC or ETH exchange rate.

Your bread goes up n down - your car, house, bills.....EVERYTHING fluctuates......even the moods of our women.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
That crypto assets have a dollar price is no desire or fault of crypto assets. Crypto assets do what they do. Each crypto does different things. All of them aren't here to "replace a shopping or bills paying system." Cypto assets will always have a supply and demand meeting point - most assets also have a BTC or ETH exchange rate.

Your bread goes up n down - your car, house, bills.....EVERYTHING fluctuates......even the moods of our women.
Yes, which is exactly my point!

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
LINK QNT XDC LYXe is all you need...forget the L1 crapshoot....maybe HBAR and ALGO.

Wait till late 2024/early 2025...thank me from your boat or jet.
So you're dismissing XLM and XRP (your 'crapshoot'), the two payment rails that ALL these will either go through or interoperate with... :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm so done with "this is better than that" garbage. It's an ECOSYSTEM and it relies on INTEROPERABILITY... Remove your craniums from your rectums and do some research FFS!

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Ummm... that's like saying that home computers are being invested in because Memorex is throwing a bit of money at audio cassettes (back in the 80's).

This thing is massive. Really. Massive. It's all being pushed under the radar so the rich and the elites can get their ducks in a row, buy what they need to buy, invest in what they need to, and position themselves properly before the ordinary folk like us get a chance.

I think there's a saying which goes something like "news for the classes, then.. news for the masses"....

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ki
Ummm... that's like saying that home computers are being invested in because Memorex is throwing a bit of money at audio cassettes (back in the 80's).

This thing is massive. Really. Massive. It's all being pushed under the radar so the rich and the elites can get their ducks in a row, buy what they need to buy, invest in what they need to, and position themselves properly before the ordinary folk like us get a chance.

I think there's a saying which goes something like "news for the classes, then.. news for the masses"....
You are not winning me over with the elites conspiracy theory. I am not sure exactly where you are doing your research, but you seem to be digging in some very strange places.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

odd view when you back XRP, controlled currency dependent on "the establishment" for its business model. most of crypto is about being independent of existing financial systems, the tech and code open source.

elsewhere, rumours of some significant new chain from Coinbase involving Optimism and Chainlink. could be good opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports