Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They all sneered they all said NFTs were a Ponzi scheme. Who is laughing now?
I give you the future Game Over

holy grifting. i saw the comical nft images, not the video... thats special.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So I have a small dabbling amount in Binance which I stake and mess about with. I got an email today which started as follows:

Hi Binancians,
For those of you who don't know me, my name is CZ and I am the CEO of Binance.

Hi, I'm CZ....:facepalm:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Still waiting for that ALBT rescue plan to invoke. Currently showing down 86% week on week.

However all things AI related are rocketing and if this continues I just MIGHT move into profit for the first time in a very long time. I can't be the only one breathing in the Hopium? How are things looking for the rest of the crypto survivors?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The new Big Stupid is 'Ordinals' which allows NFT images to be stored on the blockchain. Seems folks are swamping it with monkey jpegs, cat pix etc etc and far far worse. What fun! :lol:
ordinals-already-eat-42-of-the-bandwidth-of-bitcoin-v0-3lktbmfdcjga1.png

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am doing okay. I have previously mentioned SwissBorg on here and they are doing a shares issue as they try to go mainstream. I used some of my profit from selling some coins to invest. It might be amazing. It might tank. Not a lot of money and playing with profit so it feels like less of a gamble.

SwissBorg has also launched an option where you buy a bucket of coins in their portfolio and all the clever computer algorithms rebalance once a week so you own more of what is looking better in the long run. I just moved my coins in there and I am letting them do all the trading. It includes 13 coins.

I am too lazy and don’t have the time for all the analysis so I am letting others do it (as we all do with pensions etc).

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Still waiting for that ALBT rescue plan to invoke. Currently showing down 86% week on week.

However all things AI related are rocketing and if this continues I just MIGHT move into profit for the first time in a very long time. I can't be the only one breathing in the Hopium? How are things looking for the rest of the crypto survivors?
As a longterm HODLER, the dip (actually, lets call it the spade it is... the crash) saw my total assets bottom out to what would have still been a 50% profit had I sold everything then. Back up to 120% profit if I cashed out now, some way off the peak of over 300% less than a year ago :tantrum:

Nothing much exciting in my portfolio - the vast majority is ETH2

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The new Big Stupid is 'Ordinals' which allows NFT images to be stored on the blockchain. Seems folks are swamping it with monkey jpegs, cat pix etc etc and far far worse. What fun! :lol:
using blockchain for blob data is bonkers stupid, those involved are trying to make a point about something. or they're just bored.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What with the staid R4 Today programme having a lengthy discussion on a UK CBDC and massive hype around AI and cybersecurity, there are some really positive signs for investors, who are not just following the crowd into the latest shitcoin craze (including NFTs on Bitcoin)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What with the staid R4 Today programme having a lengthy discussion on a UK CBDC and massive hype around AI and cybersecurity, there are some really positive signs for investors, who are not just following the crowd into the latest shitcoin craze (including NFTs on Bitcoin)
XRP and Cardano ....in for the long run.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
don't fall in to the trap, you have this next cycle (probably into 2025) to make a fortune and get out.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Interesting take on it. Many see a UK CBDC as a way that the government could have more control. We saw what Canada did recently to a group of protestors and we all know about China's credit scoring systems. India is a good one to watch.

I'll be holding onto my shitcoin.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm all in on XRP but I've also bought Ripple and Polysign shares. Both bases covered.

I'm just patiently sitting, waiting, hoping, watching - a bit like last Saturday at the Bournemuff game. :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting take on it. Many see a UK CBDC as a way that the government could have more control. We saw what Canada did recently to a group of protestors and we all know about China's credit scoring systems. India is a good one to watch.

I'll be holding onto my shitcoin.
There's no 'could' about it. They'd absolutely own you, maybe not now but somewhere down the line. Just say no kidz :nono:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It's coming, wether we like it or not.

There's a whole new financial system already in the pipeline. They're just finalising the details..

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There's no 'could' about it. They'd absolutely own you, maybe not now but somewhere down the line. Just say no kidz :nono:

The positive would be that digital currency would not be private but have the Bank of England behind it. We'd then have people with the integrity of the likes of Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng having influence. Stability would be guaranteed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here