Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm still down 60%, hold some interesting ones and some cr@p, such as SHIBA INU, Uniswap & Solana

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm still down 60%, hold some interesting ones and some cr@p, such as SHIBA INU, Uniswap & Solana
if you make it to break even will you sell ? Or are you in for the long haul ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
some thoughts if anyone interested. summer theme was quiet a bull prep and onchain. many new things came along probably didn’t get the profile because it’s hard (especially trusting day old contracts). might be behind us now, with ethereum gas no longer staying <20.

alts are popping off 50-100% gains last weeks, break-out on 6-12mth sideways. there’s money to be made looking for those that haven’t gone and have some reason too. not everything of course, still a pickers market. major L1 are lagging except SOL, missed that, will others do similar? ETH isnt doing well as should, reckon too much spread across the L2s, drawing funds away. good for some, I have done nicely from airdrops and expect another wave. next fad is gamefi, socialfi and AI(fi?). the latter are going to burn fast and bright (cant convince myself AI works with blockchain, sure others will realise too), gamefi will be huge and most wont realise until too late, and carry through to the main bull run.

main drive is BTC and the ETF. saw theory that when it approves we get a sharp spike followed by a reversion – retail wont immediately pile into the ETF itself. some are waiting for or expecting a pull back to 20k. Realistically, below 25k looks unlikely, and wouldn’t be surprised we don’t see 30k again. most people i follow are generally, quietly bullish. from here we go up, some 10-20% retrenchments along the way, for next 18mths.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
or, TL;DR, we're so back. :salute:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
or, TL;DR, we're so back. :salute:
Seems too good to be true IMO, certainly the wider market gains, arguably BTC not so much if the increasingly likelihood of an/some ETF comes to pass.

If not, and this is the start of a broad crypto wide bull market, I suspect Binance will be letting off a huge sigh of relief...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
if you make it to break even will you sell ? Or are you in for the long haul ?
It's a long game for me £5k spread across 14 coins

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's a long game for me £5k spread across 14 coins
Sovs...?

Annotation 2023-11-10 145911.png

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Have been very fortunate to have jumped on the Kaspa gravy train having taken a haircut on QRDO. At the start of the year I cut my losses on QRDO and bought Kaspa. It is now my biggest holding from a small start and I have twice sold chunks of around 20%. It has grabbed a lot of attention through being a Layer One Proof of Work network, with rapid and scalable transaction processing times.

This looks fantastic compared to Bitcoin and Ethereum (proof of stake) with its multiple layer 2 solutions, but there are plenty of other layer ones out there, who can provide excellent transaction per second (TPS) numbers at least in the lab and provide a broader ecosystem of DAPPS on their network. Plenty of commentators think this is destined for the Top 10 in the crypto world. I am going to hedge my bets and make a couple more sales on the way up.

Nice to be back in profit though.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
some thoughts if anyone interested. summer theme was quiet a bull prep and onchain. many new things came along probably didn’t get the profile because it’s hard (especially trusting day old contracts). might be behind us now, with ethereum gas no longer staying <20.

alts are popping off 50-100% gains last weeks, break-out on 6-12mth sideways. there’s money to be made looking for those that haven’t gone and have some reason too. not everything of course, still a pickers market. major L1 are lagging except SOL, missed that, will others do similar? ETH isnt doing well as should, reckon too much spread across the L2s, drawing funds away. good for some, I have done nicely from airdrops and expect another wave. next fad is gamefi, socialfi and AI(fi?). the latter are going to burn fast and bright (cant convince myself AI works with blockchain, sure others will realise too), gamefi will be huge and most wont realise until too late, and carry through to the main bull run.

main drive is BTC and the ETF. saw theory that when it approves we get a sharp spike followed by a reversion – retail wont immediately pile into the ETF itself. some are waiting for or expecting a pull back to 20k. Realistically, below 25k looks unlikely, and wouldn’t be surprised we don’t see 30k again. most people i follow are generally, quietly bullish. from here we go up, some 10-20% retrenchments along the way, for next 18mths.
And this is why i've only stuck £1k into crypto, because I don't fully understand it all and don't know what the hell you are on about....it might as well be Chinese ! :LOL:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Have been very fortunate to have jumped on the Kaspa gravy train having taken a haircut on QRDO. At the start of the year I cut my losses on QRDO and bought Kaspa. It is now my biggest holding from a small start and I have twice sold chunks of around 20%. It has grabbed a lot of attention through being a Layer One Proof of Work network, with rapid and scalable transaction processing times.

This looks fantastic compared to Bitcoin and Ethereum (proof of stake) with its multiple layer 2 solutions, but there are plenty of other layer ones out there, who can provide excellent transaction per second (TPS) numbers at least in the lab and provide a broader ecosystem of DAPPS on their network. Plenty of commentators think this is destined for the Top 10 in the crypto world. I am going to hedge my bets and make a couple more sales on the way up.

Nice to be back in profit though.
KAS has ripped up the charts, with little attention from a lot of people. remember seeing it in the summer having done causual 10x ytd. over doubled since then. see it over taken Cosmos, impressive.
And this is why i've only stuck £1k into crypto, because I don't fully understand it all and don't know what the hell you are on about....it might as well be Chinese ! :LOL:
:lolol: its simple: number go up, but might go down for a bit. the rest is why some will go up faster and further than others.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Which are the best and safest places to stake Sol? Seems returns on staking are quite good at the moment.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was expecting this thread to be a little busier by now, what with Bitcoin smashing through the $40k barrier and still rising.

Personally I am expecting a bit of a pull back from here and have sold around 10% of my portfolio. I don't have a great trading record predicting the market. In the medium term things do seem to be shaping up for a bull run, which would be rather nice. Anyone have any hot tips to share?

i have a love hate relationship with SOL. I lost thousands when it dumped along with the rest of the coins (bought many at over 200 bucks, then just when i thought things had plateau'd at $20 FTX collapsed and then suddenly panic sets in amid fear SOL would go to zero so sold the lot at 90% loss. A month later the bugger is back up to $40 and against my better judgement i buy back in. However its done fairly decent , back up to 60ish and many crypto influencers predicting good things, with predictions between 200-400 by end of 2024 and 1000 by 2030!.
I find Crypto Banter who have a massive team of crypto experts and Lark Davis, all from YouTube to seem to know what they are talking about. One of the hosts Sheldon) turned $400 into 1 million in the last bull but didnt sell and gave a load back so last 2 years hes been rebuilding his portfolio

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
i have a love hate relationship with SOL. I lost thousands when it dumped along with the rest of the coins (bought many at over 200 bucks, then just when i thought things had plateau'd at $20 FTX collapsed and then suddenly panic sets in amid fear SOL would go to zero so sold the lot at 90% loss. A month later the bugger is back up to $40 and against my better judgement i buy back in. However its done fairly decent , back up to 60ish and many crypto influencers predicting good things, with predictions between 200-400 by end of 2024 and 1000 by 2030!.
I find Crypto Banter who have a massive team of crypto experts and Lark Davis, all from YouTube to seem to know what they are talking about. One of the hosts Sheldon) turned $400 into 1 million in the last bull but didnt sell and gave a load back so last 2 years hes been rebuilding his portfolio

Here is where you can follow Zachxbt on X. Genuinely one of the good guys. Tracks down rug pulls, exploits and seedy influencers and explains how it is done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here