Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The crowd today

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Please don't forget we're already promoted to PL, forget today, win at Villa and it's ours :thumbsup:

It was ours with a win at Norwich, it was ours with a win today. Next week it will be, we are promoted and that's all that matters after we fail to beat Villa. We should have finished the job by now, can't really see the players finishing the job next week.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's been awful, one of the worst I'be seen tbh, you wouldn't think we've been promoted. Only going to get worse the coming seasons too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? How long have you been following us?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Reminded me very much of the play off semi vs Palace in '13. Lots of build up before the game, a firm expectation that we prevail easily, then nerves creep in, fans go quiet and they sneak a goal. Seen it before at the Amex.

Next week, the pressure is off slightly as Newcastle will be slight favourites to win it at home and our form will make us outsiders to take the points. Who knows, it may just work in our favour.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I blame the opera singer , bad omen.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's been awful, one of the worst I'be seen tbh, you wouldn't think we've been promoted. Only going to get worse the coming seasons too

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

The crowd were great pre-game and really up for it. The players let the fans down by playing as though it was their first time together as a team. You will never keep the fans 100% behind the team for 90 minutes if the players don't show any desire and effort.

The crowd were great pre-game and really up for it. The players let the fans down by playing as though it was their first time together as a team. You will never keep the fans 100% behind the team for 90 minutes if the players don't show any desire and effort.

Shame they spoil a good flag wave with a football match,that's the problem really the club have tried to orchestrate the atmosphere so much that the fans have lost the art of spontaneous support,oh well that's modern football for you,bring on the drum and megaphone.:ffsparr:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I doubt Bridcutt would know that. Pre-game wasn't on the telly.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I wish the club would stop trying to put on a spectacle in games where the result has some significance. Today should have been about doing a job, not flags and opera singers. If there was a party to be thrown, the fans and players showed at the Wigan game that they are perfectly capable of throwing it themselves once the job has been done. I never want to arrive at my seat and find a flag on it ever again unless the game is a dead rubber because we have already won the league. This may sound grumpy after the fantastic season, but we never seem to learn.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It was ours with a win at Norwich, it was ours with a win today. Next week it will be, we are promoted and that's all that matters after we fail to beat Villa. We should have finished the job by now, can't really see the players finishing the job next week.

Promotion is the main thing that matters, but it is certainly not all that matters. I do not want to see a jubilant Newcastle next week. I feel enormously deflated after this evening.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think the tactics were slightly wrong today. If the fans can see the players going for it, and putting in effort, the fans will get behind the team. At home it always feel like we need something to happen to get the crowd going.
Best example of the last few years, the two sendings off against Burnley. Did the crowd not stop the "Great Escape" for the rest of the match?
There were a couple of times when things happened and the crowd got behind the team today, but it seemed Bristol thwarted us, and we just couldn't get round or through them.
And as the match wore on, the frustration from the terraces seemed to get to the players :facepalm:
We needed to stamp our intention on the game, and just gone at them from the kick-off, fast attacks, and some attempts from outside the box.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I did feel that at the final whistle but I'm glad I stayed a bit longer than I usually do as the NS concourse after the game was bouncing and I don't feel deflated anymore, looking forward to next Sunday now

Yea felt the same too. Was briliant in the concourse afterwards. Brought us right up again.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here