The crowd this evening

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So you are predicting we will lose 10K season ticket holders by 2015/16, in one go? (we currently have c21K)

It is entirely possible IMO if we end up in the bottom half of the table and sell our stars. I saw the way the crowds plummeted at the Goldstone and you no longer need a season ticket to be able to watch any game in a season. Hope we end up high up the table and don't find out how realistic this is though.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
It was the same at The Goldstone, The same at Withdean and will be the same at The Amex. I actually thought from the East Upper (Yawn) that the atmosphere from the North was much better last night and seems the atmosphere is better with a smaller crowd of people who actually want to be there and support the team. I had loads of space, was not surrounded by idiots who know nothing about the history of the albion and talk drivel for 90 minutes. I could have a pee quickly, got a space at the park and ride, got out quickly and home before 2200hrs. Food service is still shocking but not been to many grounds where it is actually any good. Enjoy the ride.

It is entirely possible IMO if we end up in the bottom half of the table and sell our stars. I saw the way the crowds plummeted at the Goldstone and you no longer need a season ticket to be able to watch any game in a season. Hope we end up high up the table and don't find out how realistic this is though.

A 2000 -3000 drop would be more likely,which would mean another drop of £1500,000:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A 2000 -3000 drop would be more likely,which would mean another drop of £1500,000:facepalm:

I think you overestimate the loyalty of many Brighton fans when the team are struggling. To only lose 3,000 season ticket holders after finishing in the bottom half of the table would be quite fantastic IMO.

Only 23712 tonight. I know this is more than many clubs get in our division but poor for us. I think a lot could be down to poor results despite some saying the football is more entertaining than last season. We desperately need a few dour 1 - 0 wins. Continue as we are and it will drop even more many tonight around lower west saying they regret renewing their ST.

People around you saying they regret buying a s/t shocking:blush:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
It was the same at The Goldstone, The same at Withdean and will be the same at The Amex. I actually thought from the East Upper (Yawn) that the atmosphere from the North was much better last night and seems the atmosphere is better with a smaller crowd of people who actually want to be there and support the team. I had loads of space, was not surrounded by idiots who know nothing about the history of the albion and talk drivel for 90 minutes. I could have a pee quickly, got a space at the park and ride, got out quickly and home before 2200hrs. Food service is still shocking but not been to many grounds where it is actually any good. Enjoy the ride.

I like this- more fans need to stay away- if numbers really come down we might get to the point when those who do go can get a pie and pint with less than 15 minutes queuing, and can away the stadium without a thirty minute wait and without missing the last 5 minutes of the match!

Can we start a rota?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Agree, a few less here and there will make purchases and exiting the ground a tad easier. The highpoint for me last night was during the NW great effort at 'SH blue & white army' with the constant clapping. Sounded good but the section where I was seated thought it was one of those increasing speed handclaps to a finish à la Hawkeye at Wimbledon or the cricket.
All looked bemused when it did not accelerate into a GOSBTS muddle and simply continued at one pace. :lolol:

I like this- more fans need to stay away- if numbers really come down we might get to the point when those who do go can get a pie and pint with less than 15 minutes queuing, and can away the stadium without a thirty minute wait and without missing the last 5 minutes of the match!

Can we start a rota?

If we lost money with 28,000 turning up how will we cope when it goes down to 18,000??? Potential extra loss of 5 million to add to the losses we incur already,i think some of the food outlets will close so less people still queuing at less outlets.Could the amex be the white elephant around our necks that pulls us under?:(

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Personally I think a relegation scrap and even a season in league one would be more fun than mid table meandering in the Championship, but I may be in the minority...

Absolute horse radish.

Going down would set us back even further. We'd lose not only fans, but a number of the players and the added revenue the championship brings. I'd take a season of muddling around in mid-table if it meant we had a solid base to work from in terms of going for it the next season.

Whose to say it would only be 'a season' in the third division anyway? We have no divine right to bounce immediately back.

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
I don't understand the not wanting to go because your team is losing. Part of being a supporter is seeing the club through the rough times. It's a sad fact that nearly all the clubs have this problem, unless you are spoilt by having a billionaire constantly pumping money in. We only need a few wins to get us right back up there. We are certainly not shit and we are certainly not relegation material.

Absolutely agree Bashisdir - we simply got mugged last night. If you support the club, support them - these things happen

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looks like it was the Brighton/West Sussex fans who were missing, the Brighton train queue was gone by 10pm but the eastbound queue was still well over the bridge

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm a 300 mile round trip season ticket holder, and so are my 3 sons. I've been a fan since 1975 and have done 81 of the 92 grounds as an away fan.

I'm sorry to say Barber has done what every CEO in this position (new stadium, wave of euphoria) would have done - put up the cost of the package far more than the value of what is being delivered. Look at our attendance profile since August 2011 and it is not dissimilar to any of the new stadia of the last 10 years. The Club just got too greedy too quickly, mis-read how much stretch was left in the pockets of the man on the street, and then no doubt seems surprised when things fall further than they would have expected.

For us, the cost of long distance transport, the cost of the season tickets themselves (we are no longer one of the lowest), and the cost of stadium catering (eye watering for such crap delivery) are the problem. I have not spent a single penny on stadium food and drink this season because it has just gone too far, it's ridiculous. We use the Evening Star, the Lansdowne in Lewes, and last night for the first time ever the Swan in Falmer.

Still, we remain loyal, our door-to-door matchday time is 11 hours on a Saturday and 9.5 hours for evening matches, and nothing will stop us coming.

Interestingly, much better atmosphere last night, because we played well and had 26 attempts on goal.

Wedgee

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Midweek games are never that popular anyway, but this was our SIXTH one already this season and we've had a stupid two week international break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports