Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If you've had the AZ vaccine and want to bring forward your second one, the system is allowing it. My wife has just moved her second one from 16th july to 25th June.

I had the Moderna one, and can't make any significant change...

Cheers for heads up.

Just brought mine forward to 17th June

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Didn't have a 2nd jab booked as it was done over the phone back in March and they said they'd call me. I've just been on the NHS website and booked been able to book a jab for Wednesday morning at the Brighton Centre. Should mean both the wife and I are fully dosed up before June. Happy days.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Spent the day drinking in Lewes with a mate yesterday. So nice to see things almost back to normal.
As an aside, tried the Beak’s brewery tap-room to start. Very nice. Was surprised to see kids in there though.
But town was busy and so good to see people are embracing life again. I was concerned people would be too cautious but I needed have been. “We got this”, as frumpy Mum’s say.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bought my 2nd jab forward a week to this Saturday

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Oh well done, my second one is due 15 June, do you think I can get mine moved? I originally booked thru NHS site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't see why not. I followed the link on the confirmation email I received when booking my original jabs. You have to cancel the existing booking first and then it directs you to book an alternative date.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don't see why not. I followed the link on the confirmation email I received when booking my original jabs. You have to cancel the existing booking first and then it directs you to book an alternative date.

Thanks for replying, I guess my only concern is if I cancel my existing I run the risk of nothing be available.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks for replying, I guess my only concern is if I cancel my existing I run the risk of nothing be available.

I’ve just moved mine to 4th June. Literally every single slot seems to be available, all day at the Brighton Centre and every day after (other locations available too). No need to worry about availability

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Had my second AZ jab bought forward from Saturday to this afternoon in Haywards Heath, several others there saying the same thing

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Eran Segal
@segal_eran
Israel: Constant decline for 4 straight months

Since mid-Jan peak:

99.7% fewer cases (now ~0.3 daily cases per 100,000)
99% fewer critically ill (now ~0.02 daily per 100,000)
98.5% fewer deaths (now ~0.004 daily per 100,000)

Waiting for the world to vaccinate and catch up

Vaccines work - they also have the Indian variant

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Eran Segal
@segal_eran
Israel: Constant decline for 4 straight months

Since mid-Jan peak:

99.7% fewer cases (now ~0.3 daily cases per 100,000)
99% fewer critically ill (now ~0.02 daily per 100,000)
98.5% fewer deaths (now ~0.004 daily per 100,000)

Waiting for the world to vaccinate and catch up

Vaccines work - they also have the Indian variant

I worked out a few weeks back that on our current weekly average (somewhere between 3.5m - 4m), we're around 10-12 weeks behind Israel in terms of total number of vaccines delivered (1st and 2nd jabs) as a percentage of population. So hopefully, full crowds back at the Amex for new season!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I worked out a few weeks back that on our current weekly average (somewhere between 3.5m - 4m), we're around 10-12 weeks behind Israel in terms of total number of vaccines delivered (1st and 2nd jabs) as a percentage of population. So hopefully, full crowds back at the Amex for new season!

As shared by [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] yesterday a few pages back

[tweet]1396567831144189956[/tweet]

If that happens we could have a full Wembley for some of the Euro's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here