Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'The' corner.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The TSN commentor was hugely critical of Richarlison, even whilst we were playing on he was basically saying 'nothing wrong with him, big baby, bet he'll get up and be right as rain'. And when he did, and challenged for the next ball, the commentor basically said he was glad we had played on. Don't know who it was, but good on him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The best part was when Propper tried to kick it out and Montoya sprinted up the line to keep it in before playing it to March

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not just the north, I was pleased that all around us in the East were also belting it out. It was a fantastic moment as he raced along the wing right by us and we roared him on.

Yes sorry I meant after the game in the north watching the highlights... I’m WSU and that Solly song at the time was deafening!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've seen a few skillz highlights from the game, that weren't on MotD, but I've not seen this incident since.

Does anybody have access to it, I'd love to not only see it again, but more so hear it (if poss)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oh, and leave it running for 10 mins for the Andone header and the goal

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
If Brighton and a couple of other teams started to play to the whistle all the time, teams would soon understand that rolling around on the floor like some spoilt brat in a supermarket being denied treats, would actually put them at a disadvantage and perhaps we would see the over the top play acting start to diminish. Refs booking players who make a sudden miraculous recovery from "serious" injury almost the second the ball has been kicked out of play would help as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
How did you get it to work. I am going in circles

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did you get it to work. I am going in circles

My phone was having none of it.
My old computer starter the same but played ok second time around.

Phone still not having it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Booo I can't open it without entering a 'notifications' rabbit hole.

C'est la vie.

Those sites usually keep the pop up overlayed until you've clicked on it a certain number of times. This one will only let you click "deny" after trying about 5 times so you just need to accept you're going to get 5 new tabs/pop ups before you can watch the video.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It was only after watching that replay that I realised Richarlison carried on running until he realised he had lost the ball, threw his arms up, and went down 'injured' :lolol:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I see he’s up to his old tricks again (vs Leicester) - Leicester also chose to play on whilst Richarlison was writhing around in agony! Although eventually they did kick it out as the boos got louder... would have loved it if they had done a Solly on them again!

PS for those of you not watching you will be relieved to hear that he wasn’t seriously hurt and managed to get back on the pitch (again)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hughton told The Argus: "We have got a really good and honest group of players. If any of them felt it was a bad injury the ball would have gone out.

No! The rules and guidelines are quite clear; it is the REFEREE'S responsibility to immediately stop play if he believes a player is seriously injured. It is NOT the responsibility of the players. Play to the bloody whistle!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
About 5 years ago (maybe 10) there was a convention in the premier league that only the referee would stop play in the event of injury - this was agreed by all teams at the start of the season. This really worked, but only seemed to be in place for one season.

Does anybody else remember this, or did I imagine it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here