Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Club Shop

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep very probably. In which case someone senior in the club should be looking at the contract very closely, and the ripping it up and taking our business elsewhere or at the very least get quite angry about service levels not being adhered to.

Same with Nike, same with Sodexo. We are being let down by third party suppliers it seems!

How do you know service levels aren’t being adhered to ?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I've been given a voucher as a gift from a tour group which has been burning a hole in my pocket.
I queued for 15 mins to get into the shop on Saturday, when I got in there I spotted a nice Nike jacket which is £95 but the only sizes they had were 3XL or Medium, so my size isn't available anyway.
I then noticed the queue to pay would probably have taken about 20 mins. Basically a very frustrating experience.
It seems the best plan would be to visit on a non-match day, but I can't be bothered to drive an hour each way.
Hopefully the stock and online availability improves in the next year before the voucher expires.
The queue to pay goes down really quickly. Or did last time I bought something there. They had loads of cashiers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We’re not a priority for Nike. We get what we’re given.

If it was me I’d switch to Kappa but that might be more to do with time spent in the West St arcades in the 80s than any knowledge of their kit supply logistics

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
How do you know service levels aren’t being adhered to ?

I don't!

My whole point is the retail side of things isn't functioning well in comparison to the rest of the business side of the club, and it is strange!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't!

My whole point is the retail side of things isn't functioning well in comparison to the rest of the business side of the club, and it is strange!
I know what you mean about the retail side not functioning well, but how many retail outlets are like the Albion shop on Saturday. A long queue to the cashiers snaking backwards and forwards across the width of the store, around the centre column, past the shirt printers and round the back of the store. Hardly the mark of a unsuccessful retail outlet.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know what you mean about the retail side not functioning well, but how many retail outlets are like the Albion shop on Saturday. A long queue to the cashiers snaking backwards and forwards across the width of the store, around the centre column, past the shirt printers and round the back of the store. Hardly the mark of an unsuccessful retail outlet.
Exactly, and then 24 hours later and for the next 13 days there’s just a dribble of customers and no passing trade. And then there’s a rented shop in an expensive but dated shopping mall that is almost the opposite. And then there’s the internet where demand can depend on a football result!

And the stock suppliers are some of the biggest retailers in the world with some of the biggest brands as customers who have been at the top of their sport for many many years with millions of customers in every country of the world.

Easy for market entrants isn’t it??

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I know what you mean about the retail side not functioning well, but how many retail outlets are like the Albion shop on Saturday. A long queue to the cashiers snaking backwards and forwards across the width of the store, around the centre column, past the shirt printers and round the back of the store. Hardly the mark of an unsuccessful retail outlet.
Takes minutes with 10 tills or more open, if people want an empty shop, then turn up at 1pm and not 2.30

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I rang up the club shop this morning and they said they were waiting for stock, they said the same last week but apparently on game day last weekend they had plenty of away shirts (in large).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Does anyone know if we are still planning on having a club shop? Seems a bit pointless given the seemingly awful ability of Nike to be able to provide them with anything to sell... From a quick browse online the home and away shirts are very limited in stock, no goalkeeper kit, no training kit.

What is going on when we're not even into September!? I know all this has been discussed before, but it just baffles me. Seems a very odd state of affairs for a commercial venture that is ultimately run by astute businessmen like Tony and Paul!

I suppose there's always the club's own brand "leisure wear" ...
Don't get me started on the club's "leisure wear" - I mean Barber is an excellent CEO etc etc etc but he's got diddly squat fashion sense and it's as if he is solely responsible for designing and commissioning the club's own brand stuff resulting in the kind of clothing last seen on 1970s tv shows.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I've been given a voucher as a gift from a tour group which has been burning a hole in my pocket.
I queued for 15 mins to get into the shop on Saturday, when I got in there I spotted a nice Nike jacket which is £95 but the only sizes they had were 3XL or Medium, so my size isn't available anyway.
I then noticed the queue to pay would probably have taken about 20 mins. Basically a very frustrating experience.
It seems the best plan would be to visit on a non-match day, but I can't be bothered to drive an hour each way.
Hopefully the stock and online availability improves in the next year before the voucher expires.
The queues look and are long, but tbf they do manage the 10 or so tills very well and it’s a 5mins wait usually.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Location of the shop now isn't great. You're not going to see it unless you're intending to walk to Hollister or something
As you walk into the mall there’s a big stand, with directions to the shop - first time I’d noticed that though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here