Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Club Shop

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Does anyone know if we are still planning on having a club shop? Seems a bit pointless given the seemingly awful ability of Nike to be able to provide them with anything to sell... From a quick browse online the home and away shirts are very limited in stock, no goalkeeper kit, no training kit.

What is going on when we're not even into September!? I know all this has been discussed before, but it just baffles me. Seems a very odd state of affairs for a commercial venture that is ultimately run by astute businessmen like Tony and Paul!

I suppose there's always the club's own brand "leisure wear" ...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Went in the club shop before the West Ham game, and it was manic. So many people going in hundreds queuing outside. The stock they have of kit and training stuff must sell out so quickly. Same at the Luton game.

I asked about the new green training kit, they said waiting on a delivery in about 2 weeks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't be decieved by what you see online. I went in last week to get Bobkin Jnr a new home shirt and they had LOADS. Absolutely stacked to the rafters with home and away kits and others (GK, training, etc). I'm not sure why that isn't the same story online because when I looked on the site a couple of days before I went, first there were no home shirts at all and then there were only ones in XS. I straightaway phoned the shop to see if they had shirts in the actual ship and the fella confirmed they did – in all sizes.

In answer to your question, yes, I think they are planning on keeping the shop. Judging by the amount of people in there – and also Japanese vistors who stroll around with at least two bags of clobber – it's a decent earner.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Don't be decieved by what you see online. I went in last week to get Bobkin Jnr a new home shirt and they had LOADS. Absolutely stacked to the rafters with home and away kits and others (GK, training, etc). I'm not sure why that isn't the same story online because when I looked on the site a couple of days before I went, first there were no home shirts at all and then there were only ones in XS. I straightaway phoned the shop to see if they had shirts in the actual ship and the fella confirmed they did – in all sizes.

In answer to your question, yes, I think they are planning on keeping the shop. Judging by the amount of people in there – and also Japanese vistors who stroll around with at least two bags of clobber – it's a decent earner.
Game day that's not the case. Only XXXL versions of away shirt for example.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Game day that's not the case. Only XXXL versions of away shirt for example.
Maybe we just got lucky with timings, then? Or someone had bothered to unpack some boxes and put out the stock!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've been given a voucher as a gift from a tour group which has been burning a hole in my pocket.
I queued for 15 mins to get into the shop on Saturday, when I got in there I spotted a nice Nike jacket which is £95 but the only sizes they had were 3XL or Medium, so my size isn't available anyway.
I then noticed the queue to pay would probably have taken about 20 mins. Basically a very frustrating experience.
It seems the best plan would be to visit on a non-match day, but I can't be bothered to drive an hour each way.
Hopefully the stock and online availability improves in the next year before the voucher expires.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Popped into the Churchill Square shop (which has moved again since I was last there) and they had home shirts in all sizes up to XXXL.

I had a cursory check as someone on here had previously said that physical stock in the shop(s) is better than reported online.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I was in the shop with my son on Saturday as he was getting the green shirt for his birthday. The queue to pay moved very fast and the shirt printers were working non stop (he just wanted the europa badges). 11 shirts in front of us for printing, 9 mitoma, 1 Pedro and one with a kid’s own name. I was chatting to a Japanese fella in the queue and he was mad for it. Had a great chat about mitoma and I was asking why he played in the number he did. It doesn’t mean anything apparently. The shop was buzzing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mixed reviews on here. Seems like Churchill Square is pretty well stocked

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Popped into the Churchill Square shop (which has moved again since I was last there) and they had home shirts in all sizes up to XXXL.

I had a cursory check as someone on here had previously said that physical stock in the shop(s) is better than reported online.

Yep have heard similar. I guess I was just making the point that given how well run the club is in all other departments, the retail side of things seems pretty amateurish still. A prime case in point being, how hard can it be to ensure the stock levels online reflect what is actually available!?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep have heard similar. I guess I was just making the point that given how well run the club is in all other departments, the retail side of things seems pretty amateurish still. A prime case in point being, how hard can it be to ensure the stock levels online reflect what is actually available!?

I have no idea, but it’s not impossible the club use a 3rd party logistic partner for the online store, which is separate from physical shops. Fairly common

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I have no idea, but it’s not impossible the club use a 3rd party logistic partner for the online store, which is separate from physical shops. Fairly common

Yep very probably. In which case someone senior in the club should be looking at the contract very closely, and the ripping it up and taking our business elsewhere or at the very least get quite angry about service levels not being adhered to.

Same with Nike, same with Sodexo. We are being let down by third party suppliers it seems!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yeah was going to suggest shop stock and online stock are from different pools of stock.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

Location of the shop now isn't great. You're not going to see it unless you're intending to walk to Hollister or something

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yep very probably. In which case someone senior in the club should be looking at the contract very closely, and the ripping it up and taking our business elsewhere or at the very least get quite angry about service levels not being adhered to.

Same with Nike, same with Sodexo. We are being let down by third party suppliers it seems!
It’s so simple isn’t it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here