Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Choice of Two Pubs

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Stopping off Saturday lunchtime with group of 13 blokes (stag) for a spot of lunch and have the choice of two country pubs close to Lewis:
- The Black Rabbit, Offham
- The Juggs Arms, Kingston

Can anyone help, re good ale, food and capacity / appropriateness for stag party?:drink:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Weather is nice so although Juggs is pricey, it does have a good garden!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Juggs is ok nothing special but a bit pricey,for whatever reason everything in there seems to cost a quid more than anywhere else,out of the 2 i found the grub at the rabbit much better and the wait half as long ,though that maybe down to the amount of people wanting food i guess.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Providing the weather is good The Black Rabbit is in an excellent location with great views of Arundel Castle above the reed banks on the river. One of my favourite spots for a summer pint. Ales normally good, Hall & Woodhouse (Badger, Fursty ferret etc) last time I was there and possibly Cuckmere Valley ales too. Can't really vouch for the food though, it depends who is in charge of the kitchen now, it has been both excellent and dire in recent years, so you'd need a few more recommendations than this one I think.

Stopping off Saturday lunchtime with group of 13 blokes (stag) for a spot of lunch and have the choice of two country pubs close to Lewis:
- The Black Rabbit, Offham
- The Juggs Arms, Kingston

Can anyone help, re good ale, food and capacity / appropriateness for stag party?:drink:
If "close to Lewes" is what matters, it's got to be the Juggs.

The Black Rabbit is at Offham, near Arundel.

The Offham near Lewes has a Blacksmiths Arms.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Many thanks all.
Taking everyone off for a summer ramble to clear the heads etc so these pubs are options for two walks I've selected, both which end up in Lewes - where the Lewes Arms seems a good bet for our final drink before we head back for lap dancing etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here