Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Chief Sports Writer of The Daily Telegraph says Albion are going up..............

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in the West Upper, right over the 6 yard box - Murray was offside. We all looked at the officials before celebrating, hence Glenn himself ssshing to the North Stand - I just wonder if the assistant in front of the East Stand had sun in his eyes?!

Who cares though now.

Sat behind the lino and Murray was definitely on side.
There's not even a shadow of blinkered fan doubt, matey BEHIND Murray stepped up too late.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great news that he has beaten cancer too

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For anyone not going to the REMF game on Friday May 5, Paul will be on a football panel at Exeter Street Hall with the real Andy Naylor and two other football writers. More details to follow.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
...because he told me tonight at Lewes station. (and he's beaten the 'c' word too, in a personal battle)

View attachment 83476

Top bloke and a fellow man of Sussex like I am. He was interested to learn from me that Murray was offside too, as he didn't attend this afternoons game, though what I learnt from his learned opinion regarding Leicester City is too shocking to post on a family website.

Hughton is 'fantastic' though and he never saw anything (and he's seen Albion half a dozen times this season apparently) other than promotion.

This is happening. We are going up. :albion2:

Family website? Come on spill the beans.whats his opinion on the foxes.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not the most startlingly astute endorsement ever to be made to be honest, when we're nine points clear of third place with seven matches to go.

As good as 10 points bud... TEN POINTS with 7 to play!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was interested to learn from me that Murray was offside too
I'm in the West Upper, right over the 6 yard box - Murray was offside. We all looked at the officials before celebrating, hence Glenn himself ssshing to the North Stand - I just wonder if the assistant in front of the East Stand had sun in his eyes?!
He was definitely onside, clear on Sky highlights. Not even close to offside.

Murray would have been confident he was onside too, as he could see the guy who played him on.

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
Here are my photos from the East Upper:

1) Just before Glen receives the ball.

2) When Glen receives the ball.

The Blackburn 14, is slow to react and stays where he is after the ball has been headed trying to claim off side.

....But it was on it's way!
ON IT'S WAY......
to our Glen Murray;
then it's on it's way!! :albion2:
How did it get there?
Why is there this quest to know?
All I know is Glen CLEARLY ONSIDE fired us 1-0 on our way.....! :albion2:

v Blackburn 1.jpgv Blackburn 2.jpg

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Here are my photos from the East Upper: 1) Just before Glen receives the ball. 2) When Glen receives the ball. The Blackburn 14, is slow to react and stays where he is after the ball has been headed trying to claim off side. But it was on it's way! ON IT'S WAY......to Glen Murray; It's on it's way!! :albion2:View attachment 83487View attachment 83488
One question - why? All that money to watch the team you support and you watch it on a mobile screen/view finder?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Who cares though now.

Looked level from WSL level with the play. Looked onside from the TV highlights. It was poor defending. Murray wasn't sshhing the crowd about being offside, he was telling us all to stay calm.

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
Because I love taking high quality photographs that capture significant events like this one!

'Mobile screen' somewhat undersells these pixels captured on my Leica M (type 240) through an attached Elmarit f2.8, 90mm lens at 1000/sec, f4, ISO 1000!

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
That linesman in front of the East was like a pedal bin he had his flag up that often. If we got a break yesterday then so be it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looked level from WSL level with the play. Looked onside from the TV highlights. It was poor defending. Murray wasn't sshhing the crowd about being offside, he was telling us all to stay calm.

Yes, I interpreted his celebration as 'Keep calm, we've got this'.
Ssshhh is finger to the lips.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Because I love taking high quality photographs that capture significant events like this one!

'Mobile screen' somewhat undersells these pixels captured on my Leica M (type 240) through an attached Elmarit f2.8, 90mm lens at 1000/sec, f4, ISO 1000!

Have you got permission?

Nice photos though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

anyone else now a little moist?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Who cares though now.

You have had a shocker... Do we need to explain the offside rule to all JCL's?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He was definitely onside, clear on Sky highlights. Not even close to offside.

Murray would have been confident he was onside too, as he could see the guy who played him on.

Seeing the highlights this morning, I now agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here