Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The chicken meat scandal

D

Deleted member 22389

Try to avoid meat and chicken from the supermarkets. Get meat from the local butchers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Why you would want to buy meat from a Supermarket if you had access to a decent Butcher is beyond me, as stated if you are only catering for a couple (like me & Mrs J) you can get them to cut down joints, just buy four sausages instead of a pack of eight.

In the case of the Butcher I use all the meat comes from local farms (well the Haggis & Black Pudding isn't but that is pre cooked) - they have an excellent Pie Shop as well. :thumbsup:

http://www.coughtreys.co.uk/

They are right next door to the Sainsburys in Pulborough and I'll bet the meat sales there have plummeted, you are very often queuing out of the door at Coughtreys on a Saturday morning.

D

Deleted member 22389

Great to see butchers slowly making a comeback over the years. Yes it might be more expensive, but the portions and more importantly quality is so much better. These supermarkets will never beat a proper butcher.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anybody used Butchers Hook in Heathfield? Always been tempted but when I have been in Butchers previously, their minted lamb, for example, is marked as having MSG which is a no-no for me. I know that water and MSG can be injected into chicken so have always been wary and gone with Supermarket's non value stuff but the bulk buys at Butchers Hook do seem tempting - would prefer someone who has used them to give me an opinion though although their Facebook reviews are glowing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here