Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this midweek

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great, I've now got to battle complacency alone have I?
You will if you're going to cut my posts to suit your fake news agenda. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I needed those pick me up comments :thumbsup:

It's just more the fact it was 89 mins & another set piece with their 2nd shot on target that annoyed me!

I suppose that's why Blackburn are down there though...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You will if you're going to cut my posts to suit your fake news agenda. :lol:
Not at all. You're last point wasn't relevant. You're saying it will be a melt down if we lose - fine - but if we win, you're saying we're promoted. You've become one of them.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This will be the year 4 teams finish with 100+ points...you mark my words, it's our lot in life. :rant:Who will finish in what order though?

I think that's pretty unlikely - Reading & Leeds have 17 games left each, meaning they can get a max of 106 and 105 points respectively. They have to play each other, so that reduces the potential total....plus Reading have to play us, Newcastle, Sheff Weds, Norwich, Hudds, and Aston Villa - all away (except Newcastle). Leeds possibly have the easier fixtures, but they still need to play us, Hudds, Sheff Weds, Newcastle, Fulham and Norwich. [By the way, I'm including Norwich and Villa as tricky games, as surely they MUST show some form at some stage?!]

I can, however, see four teams getting around 90 points. A long way to go yet....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I celebrated that OG more than many goals at the Amex. This crazy thought went through my mind that, win/draw/lose Thursday we are STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE.
The big question isn't are we going up, it's "Are we going up as Champions?"

I wish I could understand this. After last season and previous shortcomings in the playoffs, all I want is to get over the line this time in the most comfortable and boring fashion possible, without incident, without '6 pointers' and without Sky's demonstrative spunking over the chasing pack and how tight it is.

Newcastle could have won 7-0 tonight for all I care as long as Leeds lost. All I want is the gap to 3rd to increase as much as possible.

Of course the title would be nothing short of dreamland, but i'd bite your hands off for an easy 2nd.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Some more pick me up comments :

We're top, everyone else has to play catch up.

We're 5 points clear of third place Leeds, and, with two games in hand.

We're a very nice club and everyone loves us. :cheers:

We are 6 pts clear of 4th placed Leeds. 5 pts clear of 3rd placed Reading

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all. You're last point wasn't relevant. You're saying it will be a melt down if we lose - fine - but if we win, you're saying we're promoted. You've become one of them.

Dear god, I'm already scared for NSC's sanity after tomorrow's game.

Happy now.

You knew full well what I meant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some more pick me up comments :

We're top, everyone else has to play catch up.

We're 5 points clear of third place Leeds, and, with two games in hand.

We're a very nice club and everyone loves us. :cheers:

Realised that's not sinking in. It's February and we are five points clear of third with two games in hand. Just take that in. That's mental!

Jan 22, 2017
We won't get promoted this season, ****ing awful tonight and we have been for a while. All over the place at the back, like I said the other day Lascelles thinks he's great but he's been piss poor for a while.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Just seen Newcastles next 9 fixtures, seriously tough bar Bristol City at home. They will need to be on top of their game for next 5 - 6 weeks.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just seen Newcastles next 9 fixtures, seriously tough bar Bristol City at home. They will need to be on top of their game for next 5 - 6 weeks.

Bloody hell, you ain't joking are you! Just looked them up.

For those that can't be bothered:

Derby H
Wolves A
Norwich A
Villa H
Brizzle H
Us A
Huddersfield A
Reading A
Fulham H

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bloody hell, you ain't joking are you! Just looked them up.

For those that can't be bothered:

Derby H
Wolves A
Norwich A
Villa H
Brizzle H
Us A
Huddersfield A
Reading A
Fulham H
Hmmm interesting

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk