Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship - As it Stands

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For those with long memories, haven't we got a good record of needing a result away from home in the North East on the final day of the season to get promotion to the top flight?

:)

I must have a long one then. I'll just go and tell my gf that she's wrong.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
We aren't dominant, we don't win away, yet we are second - we must be doing something fecking right!

Yes and we spent about 3 months in top spot earlier in the season, unbeaten for 21 games. We could definitely get automatic promotion but it's a tough run in. However if we play well against those teams we'll go up

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
To be fair, OP has a sense of irony, pointing out he ruled out Watford last year. Anyway, I would much rather be considered as the outsider.

He's saying he was proved right because Watford didn't get an automatic spot last year. He's being smug and overconfident

el punal

Considering our performance against them was our worst of the season, probably fair comments given we have the hardest run in.

Mboros ain't easy though with burnley, hull, bham and QPR (away and in form) to play. As well us at home.

In truth, if you're in the mix, no game is easy. Either at the top or bottom you have to scrap or grind out results. It's the team that holds it's nerve and retains it's composure is the team that will be successful. So far we are applying that strategy. God bless you Chris Hughton!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Just caught the Talksport (yes, I know) summary of last might's games. Hull missed the chance to go second. We weren't even mentioned. Are we sure the Albion actually exists? It is really weird how we seem to be completely invisible.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
I don't think you'd find a single Albion fan in the world (except some knob named [MENTION=13208]waterhouse[/MENTION]) that wouldn't take second!

I just couldn't handle 'Boro away being the 2nd place decider... :shootself

I wouldn't take second as I have a bet on us winning the league. And you will eat your words when we achieve it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wouldn't take second as I have a bet on us winning the league.
How much could you win? I hope it's an absolute ton of money for you to be putting your finances ahead of a guaranteed place in the PL.

A really out of sorts game but it's the winning that matters

Quite - it's not screwing up when there was so much potential to do so that makes me think we could actually make top 2. Promoted teams win with even middling performances - we ticked that off today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here