Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Champions League Final… Liverpool v Real Madrid Match Thread

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As you say, Real had maybe three big chances " on the break " but Allison barely got his gloves dirty .. if Real had won 3-0 playing like that it would have been a travesty given that most of the time they were throwing themselves in the way of attempts on their goal.

They did also score what looked like a perfectly good goal that was apparently offside.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Completely unfair. Real had about three really big chances on the break, and could very easily have ended up winning 2 or 3 nil.

They did, and some of Courtois saves were fairly regulation - think it was only that Salah chance that really stood out as exceptional, the rest you’re expecting a top keeper to save.

RM did what was necessary to win a final. Got a bit of good fortune, threw the themselves at everything and always tried to carry a threat.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yup. One starting, two in total. So that's one less starting than Liverpools two English players (TAA and Henderson).

So you think that because a Spanish team won the Champions League, that means the Premier League isn't the best? Typical remark from someone with their nose pressed up against the window jealously looking in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As you say, Real had maybe three big chances " on the break " but Allison barely got his gloves dirty .. if Real had won 3-0 playing like that it would have been a travesty given that most of the time they were throwing themselves in the way of attempts on their goal.

It is Ancelotti and it is RM anno 2022. A bunch of veterans well aware of their limitations, if they play like Liverpool they have to be carried off after 60 minutes. So they play calmer, hope that their defense and GK is going to deal with the initial pressure and then make sure they use their skill to create a couple of chances and finish the game. It is hard to accept for Liverpool fans and closet Liverpool fans.

Barcelona is a team that wants to play beautiful football, dominate games and destroy the opponent in every department. Thats their thing. Real Madrid never give a shit, they just win the title. Liverpool was well aware of what they were facing and didn't manage to break it down. It is what it is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is Ancelotti and it is RM anno 2022. A bunch of veterans well aware of their limitations, if they play like Liverpool they have to be carried off after 60 minutes. So they play calmer, hope that their defense and GK is going to deal with the initial pressure and then make sure they use their skill to create a couple of chances and finish the game. It is hard to accept for Liverpool fans and closet Liverpool fans.

Barcelona is a team that wants to play beautiful football, dominate games and destroy the opponent in every department. Thats their thing. Real Madrid never give a shit, they just win the title. Liverpool was well aware of what they were facing and didn't manage to break it down. It is what it is.

You really are a cupid stunt beyond belief, lecturing everyone on what you perceive you great football knowledge - which is not a lot.

The sooner you **** off from here the better this place will be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you think that because a Spanish team won the Champions League, that means the Premier League isn't the best? Typical remark from someone with their nose pressed up against the window jealously looking in.

PL is the best league, it has been the case since the first Covid transfer window IMO. Before that La Liga was the better league but most clubs had to sell a bunch of players due to a lack of slave owners and oligarchs taking the financial hits.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You really are a cupid stunt beyond belief, lecturing everyone on what you perceive you great football knowledge - which is not a lot.

The sooner you **** off from here the better this place will be.

Naw, you're really sad your dear Liverpool lost... again?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Naw, you're really sad your dear Liverpool lost... again?

You can't help yourself can you if you think I am a Liverpool fan.

Try actually being a fan of a team as opposed to just being a deluded prick following one manager.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
PL is the best league, it has been the case since the first Covid transfer window IMO. Before that La Liga was the better league but most clubs had to sell a bunch of players due to a lack of slave owners and oligarchs taking the financial hits.

I know there is something seriously wrong with you mentally and you crave attention to boost your low self-esteem so I shouldn't bite. I wish you'd do it elsewhere, maybe stick to your Norwegian football, but you're harmless really. :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can't help yourself can you if you think I am a Liverpool fan.

Try actually being a fan of a team as opposed to just being a deluded prick following one manager.

Pretty obvious from your "stupid ****" reaction to my comment about Liverpool that you are a wee bit upset about these stroppy dullards losing the game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know there is something seriously wrong with you mentally and you crave attention to boost your low self-esteem so I shouldn't bite. I wish you'd do it elsewhere but you're harmless really. :lolol:

Pretty clear from UEFA competitions and the number of Spaniards imported from mid/bottom leagues (Cucurella is a decent recent example) having a great impact in the PL that the Spanish league was stronger. Obviously difficult to compare bottom teams as they rarely play each other but not much if anything indicates that there's any great difference in either direction.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pretty obvious from your "stupid ****" reaction to my comment about Liverpool that you are a wee bit upset about these stroppy dullards losing the game.

Brainless, I could not give a shit who won as I support neither of them.

What I don't do though is act like some immature spokesperson on football.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Hard to believe Liverpool lost that. Battered RM but couldnt get the ball in the ole onion bag. They were brilliant and I kept thinking we match that brilliance. RM cheated with diving faked injury and 2 of their players wore jewellery. Appauling officiating.as for the reported chaos outside. It needs a major inquiry. Im sure all major events have fake tickets but you plan for that. Security seems to have failed badly. All football fans should be concerned with this. I also wanna know why when ive played fifa on xbox i havnt had the same luck as RM tonight! If I read more violence maybe a lot lot worse in the morning, all I can say if you treat people like animals....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hard to believe Liverpool lost that. Battered RM but couldnt get the ball in the ole onion bag. They were brilliant and I kept thinking we match that brilliance. RM cheated with diving faked injury and 2 of their players wore jewellery. Appauling officiating.as for the reported chaos outside. It needs a major inquiry. Im sure all major events have fake tickets but you plan for that. Security seems to have failed badly. All football fans should be concerned with this. I also wanna know why when ive played fifa on xbox i havnt had the same luck as RM tonight! If I read more violence maybe a lot lot worse in the morning, all I can say if you treat people like animals....

Blimey :mad:

Quite a lot to unpack here. I honestly don't think I have the stamina.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here