Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Cat - RIP

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only one Toffees player in the team Harry despite them having won the league that year. Edit:Although did Ball move at the end of the season....... I think he might have....

He went to the Arse in 71 so I got Ball and Newton wrong.

Just looked up Ball. And....following on from my comments on the green waste thread, there's another reason for my not experimenting with a bonfire this evening. And I'm 61, too. :facepalm:

I was a Leeds fan in 1970 and Ball had a columm in Shoot magazine and was always slagging Leeds off, so I didn't like him.

Newton went to Everton in 69. He didn't make old bones, either (56) :down:

As for there being few Everton players in the squad despite their having won the league, this was one of Ramsey's abiding criticisms - his rigid formation and his unwillingness to try new players when he thought he'd got the right man for the job. Eight of the 1970 22 man squad were from the 66 finalist side. Only four of the 70 squad were aged under 25 (youngest 22). By contrast in 2018 we had nine players aged under 25, the youngest 19. Likewise of the 14 players who got on the pitch on our last game in the 2014 world cup, only three made the 2018 squad: Cahill Jones Sterling

Bored, moi? ??? :wave:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who remembers Brian Labone wearing the coppers helmet in 66 at Wembley I wasn’t old enough in 66 but have watch d that pitch invasion loads of times since

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Only one Toffees player in the team Harry despite them having won the league that year. Edit:Although did Ball move at the end of the season....... I think he might have....

a bit like 1966

Livepool were league champions

but only one player represented the club in the final

in fact only 3 made the squad,the other 2 not playing

point for each :lol:

edit- I only knew the one that played

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A few years ago I watched him, wearing Sunday-best 'smart casual', make a full-length save from my son-in-law, tipping the ball round the right hand pullover and almost wrecking an otherwise perfect pair of chinos. It was only a kickabout after a three-family picnic in a Mid Sussex village park but the honour of Chelsea was at stake - my son-in-law is an Arsenal man - and the instincts of a cat can't be denied. As others have said, he was a lovely man. He lived in the Midlands.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Rest in Peace.

Little anecdote; I owned one of his match-worn tops (same style as pictured below), until my Mum did a spring-clean/charity-shop run and donated it, with me not knowing so for a couple of years. I thought I was keepig it safe in a box in the attic, all about 15-20 years ago.
:facepalm:

england-goalkeeper-peter-shilton-during-a-world-cup-italia-match-BHX33C.jpg

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Me too. Mine were just thin cotton that now you’d take for gardening gloves. When dry they were worse than bare hands but they came into their own on a wet day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me Three , ! they were just plain cotton gloves , but green canr recall any other feature , think i oredered mine from "Football Monthly " paid by a Postal Order :ohmy:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I had the same but don't recall any branding.

Very thin gardening gloves

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Ive just read that he was only 5' 10".
Surely that's too short to be a good goalkeeper?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here