Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Captains Back

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yes, he was poor in that game. Did you see the game today? Great on the ball and didn't give Burnley's multi million pound top scorer much of a sniff. Penalty was very harsh.

Yes - I agree he was good today, but he's good most of the time. The problem is that he is prone to absolute howlers which could prove to be very costly. Unless he can iron those out he won't be a top player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit of a banana skin for you to date....we have a mean defence and GG has played his part
You'd have thought I would have learnt from last season!

Still I can't be loud wrong every season, can I?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I don't think it was a penalty. Both were at it and, in those situations, referees (other than Hooper when we're playing) would penalise the attacking team. But, at one stage, you could see half of Keane's chest, and then Dunk continued the shirt-pulling for several other corners. So he's due a bit of criticism.

Due a bit of criticism for that incident, fair enough. It was perhaps a bit naive to let a ref like Hooper make a decision. But other than that thought he had a solid game imo. He's been a bit shaky in the past couple of games but some posters suggesting we should have 'taken the money' from Fulham are quite frankly stupid. He's still relatively young for a centre back and is the future of the club.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There are some on here who criticise Gordon Greer, but he organises and covers for others failings. Thought he put in a top performance today, we need him out there!
Well done Gordon.

Well said. This was the kind of match where he really comes into his own. When our players were getting kicked and shoved he was there to give it back and let them know who's the boss. He doesn't back down, he never shows fear and most importantly he protected his team-mates. A great captain's performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here