[Politics] The Budget - March 2020

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Rishi is a keen little puppy isn't he? keen to Get Things Done. I just wonder where all that cash has come from? Oh yes, it's all the cuts.

Little indeed.

He’s even smaller than Matty Ryan

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Massive spending pledges against a backdrop of coronavirus, global economic slowdown and Brexit = Staggering economic recklessness.

He's basically putting the house on red. My kids are going to be saddled with interest on huge borrowing.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lots of dosh for road improvements. I wonder if this will include to A27?

D

Deleted member 2719

The growth figures don’t indicate that we will be flowing in milk and honey just yet.......

And that’s before the fecking virus

Of course, we will get hit with the virus, but now we won't have the EU, sucking the life blood out of us.

Honey and milk is on it's way and with the spirit duty, held we can have a shot of Jameison in there too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Always good to have specific numbers in the Budget, shows the government has done the hard work required to estimate tax revenues, assess costs and distribute funds. Demonstrates competence over soundbites. Well done Mr Sunak.

i read a 5bn emergency fund on BBC.

along with lots of tax cuts, lots of spending increases, not very Tory. must be borrowing a lot, because the economy isnt going to grow to cover.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not sure Jezza liked that gag

Capture.JPG

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
finally, the much awaited tree planting commitment, a favourite from the election. an area larger than Birmingham, doesnt say how many actual trees (crafty)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The opposition benches seem quiet.

Are there far fewer Labour MP’s than there used to be?

Probably because it was a Labour budget.

This spending is required though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it just me or does Jezza not look well. It seems like he is struggling .

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Probably because it was a Labour budget.

This spending is required though.

going to split hairs and note its probably nearer a Liberal budget. dont see any £250bn pool for indiscriminate spending.

i expect Corbyn will recite a tired history of the past 10 years, without much remark to actual policy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, looks like Labour won the argument (the difference being that Labour propsed tax increases to pay for it, the Conservatives are borrowing it all)

In reality, those proposed tax increases wouldn’t have paid for Labour’s plans according to the IFS.

The Tories did say in their manifesto that they were going to spend. Not least to fulfil promises to the voters of the north and midlands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports