Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Brighton and ex-Brighton World Cup thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, most national team coaches dont do it afaik.

The leaks are probably unavoidable once players tell their friends etc.
A caveat of “I’m letting you know but keep shtum for a couple of hours, until the official announcement” would have been a good idea….if the rumours are actually fact

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A caveat of “I’m letting you know but keep shtum for a couple of hours, until the official announcement” would have been a good idea….if the rumours are actually fact
Yeah and some will comply and maybe some won't.

If I was Tomori and GS called me and said "sorry you're not in the squad because Harry Maguire is secretly my son"... "but don't tell anyone you're not in the squad", I'd probably say "well, f*** you I do what I want."

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Going to update this post whenever there is something to update it with.
Very helpful thread, thank you.

Any chance you could make it more helpful with a separate summary list of the current Brighton squad that are capped? (I know, I’m being lazy 😁)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very helpful thread, thank you.

Any chance you could make it more helpful with a separate summary list of the current Brighton squad that are capped? (I know, I’m being lazy 😁)
Sure, I can do that tomorrow somewhere in between buying and drinking booze.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Spain squad released and as expected, Sanchez is in it. No Cucurella but he also wasn't in the provisional squad + he's been shite, so it was never going to happen.

Argentina, Ecuador and Ghana are the three potential Albion-including nations that are yet to reveal their squads. The only one among these that may be a bit of a question mark is Lamptey & Ghana, but very likely he'll get picked.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tiny wee tangent, but would be excelente IMHO to see the ex/Albion player Panini cards posted on this thread also. Never BEEN so many!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ali Mac is in.

Brighton & Hove Albion have a midfielder in the Argentinian team going to the World Cup. Tell that to your 25-year-younger-self.
That would have been Osvaldo Ardiles

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I was just thinking how things have changed. I remember happily singing "we've got an England international" after Peter Ward got his fist and only full cap. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here