Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Branston Pickle debate

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sorry, Branston is so old school. This is los cojones del perro in the 21st century pickle world.....

20200611_143548.jpg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Never mess with the original I am sure they tried big small and no chunks when it was first developed and decided big chunks to be best, I am alway suspicions when recipes are reformulated for example coke has never been the same since the original recipe

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
but isnt that more expensive than gold?

Sold at farm shops and artisan delis

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never mess with the original I am sure they tried big small and no chunks when it was first developed and decided big chunks to be best, I am alway suspicions when recipes are reformulated for example coke has never been the same since the original recipe

You mean the one with actual coke in it? Never got to try that but I bet it was superb.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
finally a thread worth a post from me. Small if on square bread i.e.' sandwich spread', 'chunky' in rolls or french stick. Actually 'sweet pickle' is the best, 'Branston' best make.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Its called innovation and development, get with the times daddy o, smooth is for today's sandwiches.

next you will be saying that orange skin in marmalade is good

Oh, oh no...... I'll hazard a guess that you don't like proper (crunchy) peanut butter, jam with actual fruit in it or Marmite (or you think that Vegemite is nicer)? :lolol:

In answer to the OP, it's the original one of course. The small chunk is OK, but I have no idea why anyone would buy "smooth" as it's just a sauce, not a pickle. Completely pointless.

And NO he should not get a bailout for his airline (a loan is fair though if it saves jobs). He's made enough from pickle over the years to buy an ISLAND so he can dip INTO his own POCKET. Long haired pickle baron that he is.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sorry, Branston is so old school. This is los cojones del perro in the 21st century pickle world.....

View attachment 124753

It IS allowed to like both you know...

Sadly had rear molar extracted yesterday so won't be using any crunchy food for a week or so.

How the Dental Surgery was operating* probably deserves a thread of its own, I have seen less fussy Dr Who sets...

* and rightly so.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Forget all this trash, more important is MARMITE. Seems that because we're not drinking enough beer there is a shortage. Always makes me giggle driving into Burton and next door to the brewery is a massive Marmite factory.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Covid-19 has turned me small chunk. Never going back to those big crunchers, too much disruption in my sandwich!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Aldi rip off of the Branson original is a superior product. And cheaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here