Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Board - a poll

Since 'PooGate', in your opinion, have the Board been.....

• Inert?

Votes: 25 17.2%
  • Inept?

Votes: 104 71.7%
  • Effective?

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Decisive?

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This may be part of the issue, Derek Chapman (apart from the Blooms) is the only long term fan/ST holder, which cannot be ideal

I think Marc Sugarman is a long-term fan. But since I wouldn't know him if I sat next to him at the Amex (true of many of the others too) I can't confirm.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ive voted "inept" although it's not really down to the Board is it? One man runs this club and he makes all the key decisions, the Board are a requisite but largely superfluous element of corporate governance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Marc Sugarman is a long-term fan. But since I wouldn't know him if I sat next to him at the Amex (true of many of the others too) I can't confirm.

Sugarman, Perry (adopted), Chapman, the Bloom family are all Albion fans.

Elsewhere in the club management, Paul Camillin is Head of Communications - and as Albion as they come, and the new(ish) Head of Marketing, Tom Gorringe, was a Withdean STH.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I am far from happy with what is happening at the club, I've held my more recent season ticket for the past 14 years and, other than travelling overseas did the Goldstone etc up to the end of the 70s BUT these polls, or rather the comments added to them, concern me. There have been serious accusations made on here, statements that could lead to legal action taking place, that have, as yet, not been substantiated. These statements travel round like wildfire and before you know it 200, 800, 1,600, 3,200 people have "heard it" and they haven't, nobody was there bar the board, I'm also guessing it wasn't minuted. Please be very careful what we say for everyone's sake.

I think this thread should be deleted for Bozza and every one else's sake.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
However the board chose to run their business is up to them we don't and shouldn't have any input into it. If you don't like it don't subscribe to it, don't buy any more tickets etc. TB and PB are running the club and I am very grateful for that so shall continue to support it irrespective.

That is not to say I agree with every decision but it is not my call.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
However the board chose to run their business is up to them we don't and shouldn't have any input into it. If you don't like it don't subscribe to it, don't buy any more tickets etc. TB and PB are running the club and I am very grateful for that so shall continue to support it irrespective.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is an entirely different situation to the history, TB is not somebody trying to make a quick buck. If that appears to be happening and there are grounds for suspicion I will be as vociferous as the next man.

And you know that how exactly?

We all hope he isn't but only 1 person knows for certain and it ain't you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

FFS. The guy has spunked TWO HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS of his cash into the club, most of which he'll never see back. That's how we know he's not 'trying to make a quick buck'.

Seriously :facepalm:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Interesting, so do you think the club can still exist if thousands of fans walk away because of a terrible product at a premium price? I somehow doubt it could sustain a lengthy period of financial downturn, they need us and most of them (the board) know it, without the revenue from fans everything will go belly up. Just letting fans disappear is not an option, they need to react and they will react, I just hope they don't leave it too late.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
We once had that video on a Gulls Eye coach to Shrewsbury.

piggy.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
FFS. The guy has spunked TWO HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS of hsi cash into the club, most of which he'll never see back. That's how we know he's not 'trying to make a quick buck'.

There isn't a great deal to disagree with here, but after all is said and done Tony still owns a massively flash football stadium and a top drawer training facility. It's not like the money was spaffed on a player that went lame, he still owns substantial property.

I'm not suggesting he's in it for the money.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We all hope he isn't but only 1 person knows for certain and it ain't you.

Seems a funny way to go about it by investing £200m rather than £56. IF he sells up it will be a very wealth person/company so the prospects still look rosy in comparison.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FFS. The guy has spunked TWO HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS of hsi cash into the club, most of which he'll never see back. That's how we know he's not 'trying to make a quick buck'.

I didn't say he was trying to make a fast buck did I? Merely asked the question. Do you know for certain that he isn't? Unless you're one of his close friends you don't.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mischievous. As if the board are all sitting around like the pigs at the end of Animal Farm.

I'm not sure that analogy works, not unless you cast Dick Knight as the farmer and I don't think that's your intention. How about Moby Dick, but this time the Board can be the whale, Dick Knight could be Captain Ahab (he's got the beard for it) and the Old Guard can be Ishmael:

"A wild, mystical, sympathetical feeling was in me; Ahab’s quenchless feud seemed mine. With greedy ears I learned the history of that murderous monster against whom I and all the others had taken our oaths of violence and revenge."

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
FFS. The guy has spunked TWO HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS of his cash into the club, most of which he'll never see back. That's how we know he's not 'trying to make a quick buck'.

He not exactly spunked the money has he, As you put it?

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm not sure that analogy works, not unless you cast Dick Knight as the farmer and I don't think that's your intention. How about Moby Dick, but this time the Board can be the whale, Dick Knight could be Captain Ahab (he's got the beard for it) and the Old Guard can be Ishmael:

"A wild, mystical, sympathetical feeling was in me; Ahab’s quenchless feud seemed mine. With greedy ears I learned the history of that murderous monster against whom I and all the others had taken our oaths of violence and revenge."

Flamin' eck Buzzer. When I read Lenny's post my mind conjured up this image:

0.jpg
Eff the Fans.

Which as attila has subsequently pointed out - may not have been how it was ...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here