The blue surround of the pitch looks a bit shit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
And I still don't like that the front of the stands are so far from the pitch. I know it's to fit UEFA regs for U21 games and that but still, I thought the club might retain the feel that old grounds have, where you're practically on top of the action by the touchline.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
All new grounds have a gap between the stands and the pitch now. Sightlines is one of the reasons.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I agree! IF CMS does come to look around again, as a man of TASTE, I expect he'll walk out instantly.

You'd think a city with a reputation for having flamboyant homosexuals would be able to hire a decent interior designer wouldn't you? Shocking.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Indeed, it is to do with sightlines. As for the tarmac, it isn't finished yet, it will have AMEX logos on it and advertising boards too, yes it looks a bit bright at the mo but that is because it is BARE. Personally, I think it is great that we are being different and not reverting to the same as all the other new grounds.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
All new grounds have a gap between the stands and the pitch now. Sightlines is one of the reasons.

The gap ain't bad at all.
At stadia such as Emirates and Twickenham the gap is massive, reducing the intimidation advantage of home games.
Spurs even mentioned something in their White Hart Lane plans (same architects as the Amex), about retaining as small a gap as possible unlike the Emirates.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Posted by Hans Kray Fan Club

Quit your f***ing MOANING.

This !

and all the others who find something to complain about our new stadium (after Withdean and all in between)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Somebody here the other day referred to it as a moat. Probably for seagulls to be able to land on from time to time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And I still don't like that the front of the stands are so far from the pitch. I know it's to fit UEFA regs for U21 games and that but still, I thought the club might retain the feel that old grounds have, where you're practically on top of the action by the touchline.

You not coming then?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
TB is a man of taste. It will look sexy hot when its done, and if it doesnt they will redo it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Any shots of the amex from above since the blue was added?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But it looks fine anyway. Other clubs such as Everton and Man City have blue pitch surrounds and I can't ever recall anyone going mad about it. Bonkers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports