Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The bit of cardboard around piglets pies

What do you want your pie served in/on?

• Bag (like last season)

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • Box (like a few seasons ago)

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • Cardboard plate (I was given this in 1901 once)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Foil dish

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Cardboard sleeve (this season)

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Cardboard sleeve is useless, did they actually test them on ground supplied pies, I think not
It's not just pies . . . As 'customers' everything's dealt with according to accountants and corporate Opinions. Nothing to do with anything else.

I've read repeated posts saying the same things, erosion of privilege and luxury* (*in a manner of speaking) which is paid for at a significant premium. . . . The general gist I get is the club want all you 'normal 1901' members out as a new wave of utter loons are prepared to pay twice as much, for half as much and spend 3 times more for crap on top.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
It's not just pies . . . As 'customers' everything's dealt with according to accountants and corporate Opinions. Nothing to do with anything else.

I've read repeated posts saying the same things, erosion of privilege and luxury* (*in a manner of speaking) which is paid for at a significant premium. . . . The general gist I get is the club want all you 'normal 1901' members out as a new wave of utter loons are prepared to pay twice as much, for half as much and spend 3 times more for crap on top.
I think your sig covers on what you have posted.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
The filling of my Bombay potato Veggie pie leaked out the bottom of the sleeve and down my top. Before kick off.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I got a ten match ban for simply pointing out that you could buy two superior sausage rolls and a glorious pie from Bangers in Baker Street and still have change from a fiver
Oh could the pies in the cardboard be spun like a frisbee across the stand into an attacking players face? Is this the new bottle top \o/

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The queues in WSU were ridiculous on Saturday with a lack of urgency from the staff that was bordering on performance art so I didn't get to have a pie despite queuing for 20 minutes, but at the friendly the other week found the sleeve to be a hazardous exercise in spillage avoidance, so I'm Team Box.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My “something else” is that my preferred pie delivery mechanism is the naked breasts of a beautiful woman.
Would fit in with Paul Barber’s “no tops” policy for the bottles

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Did you try that on Saturday then, the fact that you have suggested it probably means you didnt
Im not a STH and haven't been to an Albion game since CH was in charge...so no.
As a packaging designer, those types of sleeves arent meant to be used as "plates" - in the 25yrs I've been in the business I've never heard of them being used as such anyway. You do what you want though....inside, outside...whatever. Just putting over my pov 🤷‍♂️

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Im not a STH and haven't been to an Albion game since CH was in charge...so no.
As a packaging designer, those types of sleeves arent meant to be used as "plates" - in the 25yrs I've been in the business I've never heard of them being used as such anyway. You do what you want though....inside, outside...whatever. Just putting over my pov 🤷‍♂️
So what are they supposed to be used for then, in your experience? I can see how they'd be fine for holding, say, a brownie or cookie or something fairly solid. But as a holder for a really expensive molten pie with a pitifully unstable crumbly casing? Sorry, nah, they're completely unfit for purpose :nono:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So what are they supposed to be used for then, in your experience? I can see how they'd be fine for holding, say, a brownie or cookie or something fairly solid. But as a holder for a really expensive molten pie with a pitifully unstable crumbly casing? Sorry, nah, they're completely unfit for purpose :nono:
Sorry to disagree, but mine worked perfectly for that very purpose, it held everything together really well and l didn't even drop a crumb. Holding the pie through the sleeve seemed to increase the rigidity somehow.

Totally unlike the bag that it has been served in for the past few seasons, where l couldn't get hold of the pie properly, and some of it's contents just dropped into the bag.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry to disagree, but mine worked perfectly for that very purpose, it held everything together really well and l didn't even drop a crumb. Holding the pie through the sleeve seemed to increase the rigidity somehow.

Totally unlike the bag that it has been served in for the past few seasons, where l couldn't get hold of the pie properly, and some of it's contents just dropped into the bag.
If I were a betting man (which I am whenever possible) I'd wager that those idiotic not-fit-for-purpose sleeves will be replaced with something sensible PDQ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here