Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bigger picture?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The thing that feeds the OPs theory and all the other ones out there is the continued silence.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Get a manager in who he knows won't cut it.

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

Btw if Bloom actually wanted out that badly why wouldn't he just ........ errrr. ....sell the club?!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Btw if Bloom actually wanted out that badly why wouldn't he just ........ errrr. ....sell the club?!

Because this will clearly increase the selling price

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

He didn't get where he is today without an astute business mind in areas like this :wink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he was going to sell the time to do that would have been back in May after our second play-off season in a row with the new training ground opening.

Now that point has passed I would have thought would-be buyers will want to see the fallout from FFP, because right now they won't know how much cash will be needed in the future.

If he WAS intent on selling then surely Championship football is a basic requirement, so even more reason to sack Hyypia sooner rather than later?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Naa. Doesn't fit with the conspiracy theories. Lenny's tin-foil hat wearing mate thinks that Bloom needs an excuse to sell the club. Apparently it's FAR better to go about it a roundabout way of making the fans 'hate' him and thus he can blame them when he sells. ("You've got a new owner and it's all your fault!"). This is despite the fact that it would be a) more lucrative and b) far less work to just sell it as you suggest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However I can't help but feel this post is controversial for controversials sake. It doesn't make any sense, financial or otherwise, and although I'm sure it's just borne out of frustration, I can't see what the intentions of the post are

Classic Ian Hart. As you say - controversial for the sake of it. He was the same on the phone in. Spout shit to get a reaction, TalkSport-style.

To be fair, the OP was only reporting something that someone else suggested

That's pretty naive. OP knew exactly what he was doing. Agenda.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
So bloom destroys a team he loves then loses millions?? That must be why he is so loaded by losing all his money on a whim?? I think the truth is bloom called the lizard as he is a lizard alien who is part of the illuminati and buying the club then getting a bad manager is part of an intricate web of plans designed to cover up the killings of princess di and Jfk..........when the lizard people invade remember you heard it here first

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Doesnt/hasnt bloom insisted from the beginning advertising/sponsors etc will all be local for local businesses and employers? Makes allot of sense off loading to foriegners and tb only stand to lose a few million from thr sales included the millions he has already lost

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Classic Ian Hart. As you say - controversial for the sake of it. He was the same on the phone in. Spout shit to get a reaction, TalkSport-style.

and in the main speaks sens e

That's pretty naive. OP knew exactly what he was doing. Agenda.

The point is that Ian Hart is a well known loyal supporter who is well respected for his loyalty to the club and its success and also speaks a lot of sense unlike many who slate him. Was he not one of the first to mention goings on at The Goldstone but we will forget that as he is a controversial scare monger

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Textbook gibberish from NSCs pre-eminent bullshit merchant.

Unsubstantiated, ill thought out, illogical, malicious... Ticks all the boxes.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The point is that Ian Hart is a well known loyal supporter who is well respected for his loyalty to the club and its success and also speaks a lot of sense unlike many who slate him. Was he not one of the first to mention goings on at The Goldstone but we will forget that as he is a controversial scare monger
Bollocks. He talks less sense than even YOU.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

Your mate is an idiot. If Bloom did want to sell the club, surely it would be a lot easier to sell if the club was on the brink of the Premier League and not League 1.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Hart undoubtably loves the Albion.

He's currently doing a very strange job of demonstrating his loyalty to the club, IMO, and that of many others

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Bloom wants out.

Simply ludicrous. Your doom-mongering and conspiracy-theorising is getting tiresome.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What isn't clear is the operational costs which seems huge . Is there a breakdown of these anywhere ? I still can't see tony not getting anything back at all .

We are told from "them that knows". That bloom is not in it to get his money back. As far as he is concerned that money has been spent and the infrastructure is built. I think where bloom and the family will want a return is a hotel on the site, in effect leaving the football club to stand on its own FFP feet.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think a plausible conspiracy close to the OP's is this-

Bloom family don't want out,not in my opinion.....but we have to comply with FFP the club have gone over FFP with a fine tooth comb and it's here to stay...

We are not going to break the bank and we are building for the future...

Built into the equation and here comes the conspiracy part,is the very real possibility that in order to move forwards we have to go backwards and that involves a spell at League 1 level...

Gates and revenue fall short term but transfer fees are banked,we bounce straight back up stronger...

Ok i don't know what i am talking about and have run out of steam typing these words however i did only say it was plausible....

I don't agree at all with the OP...

Bloom will step aside one day,but it won't make sense for him yet,further it would go against all logic to devalue your asset prior to selling,unless however some sort of capital gains tax type thing can be avoided by doing so?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We are told from "them that knows". That bloom is not in it to get his money back. As far as he is concerned that money has been spent and the infrastructure is built. I think where bloom and the family will want a return is a hotel on the site, in effect leaving the football club to stand on its own FFP feet.

So do " them that knows" know the breakdown of operation costs ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here