Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Big Seven

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton are a bigger club now compared to some of the other clubs mentioned since the Amex was built.

Not unless we beat them we are not. We shoud be beating teams like that!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Really? I'd love it if we had a 'heritage' of the last 50 odd years continuously in the top half of the top division.

We have just got to beat them in style!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have just got to beat them in style!
Maybe we should just concentrate on getting to the PL and staying there first. Even then (and I know match day attendance revenue is dwarfed by Sky money) they have a matchday fan base twice as big as our's.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Maybe we should just concentrate on getting to the PL and staying there first. Even then (and I know match day attendance revenue is dwarfed by Sky money) they have a matchday fan base twice as big as our's.

Probably just need to get the three points X 7 = 21.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"saw the last seven home games and knew straightaway they woud define our season."

No shit Sherlock

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
THE BIG SEVEN

Leeds United

Sheffield Wednesday
Reading

Burnley

Fulham
QPR

Derby

Right from the beginning of the season I saw the last seven home games and knew straightaway they woud define our season.

No matter all the close encounters so far, these are all against teams of greater heritage than our century of underachievement.

We will need Premier League performances from now on.

It all seems exciting not formidable at all, and apart from the TV money just like we were there already.

If we get to the PL and the sequence is vs Stoke, Bournemouth, Norwich, WBA, Watford, Palace, Newcastle it would not sound any more formidable.

If I had not already got a season ticket, I would want one for the last seven games.

So our last seven home games will be vitally important to where we finish this season? And you foresaw this right from the start you say?

If I was Chris Hughton, I would be looking over my shoulder right now, a lot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So our last seven home games will be vitally important to where we finish this season? And you foresaw this right from the start you say?

If I was Chris Hughton, I would be looking over my shoulder right now, a lot.

:lolol:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We did leave it a bit late to get a right winger (Knockaert) and another midfielder though (Sidwell).

I tipped Shefffield Wednesday to win the a caboodle and Albion to make the play-offs.

I thought Hull and Burnley and would sell players and not be in the mix (I thought QPR and Fulham instead, two of our home games). Now, Hull haven't sold their players (apart from Brady) they look like favourites.

I took the view that last season was a blip and my the simple expedient of our team being at least as good if not better than 2012-13, the play-offs seemed a reasonable and expected surmise.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the fans should get excited for these big seven fixtures. Could be every big exiting (more so) than battling against relegation from the PL.

I think we ought to fill the Amex with every single game!

I would not be any fun if it was the little seven

In the greater scheme of things, it might just be three parochial southern thing vs Reading, QPR, Fulham, Yorkshire is massive, how many PL teams does Lancashire need? and then Derby!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
THE BIG SEVEN

Leeds United

Sheffield Wednesday
Reading

Burnley

Fulham
QPR

Derby

Right from the beginning of the season I saw the last seven home games and knew straightaway they woud define our season.

No matter all the close encounters so far, these are all against teams of greater heritage than our century of underachievement.

We will need Premier League performances from now on.

It all seems exciting not formidable at all, and apart from the TV money just like we were there already.

If we get to the PL and the sequence is vs Stoke, Bournemouth, Norwich, WBA, Watford, Palace, Newcastle it would not sound any more formidable.

If I had not already got a season ticket, I would want one for the last seven games.

It all starts on Monday. I think it starts now and not just the last five.

Two Yorkshire clubs to start. Used to be massive fixtures, but just a Championship games now. Leeds were last in the top flight only 12 seasons ago, Wednesday 16 seasons ago.

Three London derbies, and three v promotion rivals.

I would like six wins and a draw (19) and we might get away with 5 wins and two draws (17) which may or may not be better than six wins and a defeat (18) depending on who we draw against ?

Superficially, it looks like Leeds is the easiest game. My betting (from past experience) it will not turn out like that. It might be like Orient in 1997. We won all the harder home games but Leeds (like Orient) will try and be party poopers.

I expect Albion to play very professionally and try and dampen the game down. Leeds will go out out to try and win as they have nothing to lose really (they lost their reputation years ago). It could be like a Cup game. Good one for the TV.

The promotion run in starts on Monday!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we should have Special Offer tickets for the last seven games. Maybe for the least five?

There might be another home game as well. More than likely.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
THE BIG SEVEN

Leeds United

Sheffield Wednesday
Reading

Burnley

Fulham
QPR

Derby

How many points?

Predict:

Leeds United 2-2

Sheffield Wednesday 3-2
Reading 1-0

Burnley 1-0

Fulham 2-0
QPR 1-1

Derby 2-1

5-2-0 = 17

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leeds United - Win

Sheffield Wednesday - Lose
Reading - Win

Burnley - Draw

Fulham - Win
QPR - Win

Derby - Draw

My predictions. I'd be quite happy with that although I doubt it will get us auto - play offs assured though as long as we win a couple of aways...

A point UP on my predictions so far - didn't account for Forestieri being out though did I ;)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need four wins.

cf. Norwich might need three.

They have Norwich, Sunderland, Man United and Watford. If we go up, it could be the same crunch next season? Not that I care about Norwich. I just finds it amusing if Newcastle, Sunderland & Boro were all in the Championship next season, if we go up.

I think we should do a joint ticket available for the last three games. I think the way people buy tickets would make this worthwhile? Not sure about the pricing. Maybe an option on season tickets?

The Fulham and QPR games are only four days part and casual fans may be inclined ot get a ticket for the first match vs Fulham and neglect to order one for the less popular Tuesday evening vs QPR?

We have to beat Burnley first. Not so many south stand tickets for away fans for the last three?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We did leave it a bit late to get a right winger (Knockaert) and another midfielder though (Sidwell).

I tipped Shefffield Wednesday to win the a caboodle and Albion to make the play-offs.

I thought Hull and Burnley and would sell players and not be in the mix (I thought QPR and Fulham instead, two of our home games). Now, Hull haven't sold their players (apart from Brady) they look like favourites.

I took the view that last season was a blip and my the simple expedient of our team being at least as good if not better than 2012-13, the play-offs seemed a reasonable and expected surmise.

I think the fans should get excited for these big seven fixtures. Could be every big exiting (more so) than battling against relegation from the PL.

I think we ought to fill the Amex with every single game!

I would not be any fun if it was the little seven

In the greater scheme of things, it might just be three parochial southern thing vs Reading, QPR, Fulham, Yorkshire is massive, how many PL teams does Lancashire need? and then Derby!

It all starts on Monday. I think it starts now and not just the last five.

Two Yorkshire clubs to start. Used to be massive fixtures, but just a Championship games now. Leeds were last in the top flight only 12 seasons ago, Wednesday 16 seasons ago.

Three London derbies, and three v promotion rivals.

I would like six wins and a draw (19) and we might get away with 5 wins and two draws (17) which may or may not be better than six wins and a defeat (18) depending on who we draw against ?

Superficially, it looks like Leeds is the easiest game. My betting (from past experience) it will not turn out like that. It might be like Orient in 1997. We won all the harder home games but Leeds (like Orient) will try and be party poopers.

I expect Albion to play very professionally and try and dampen the game down. Leeds will go out out to try and win as they have nothing to lose really (they lost their reputation years ago). It could be like a Cup game. Good one for the TV.

The promotion run in starts on Monday!

I think we should have Special Offer tickets for the last seven games. Maybe for the least five?

There might be another home game as well. More than likely.

How many points?

Predict:

Leeds United 2-2

Sheffield Wednesday 3-2
Reading 1-0

Burnley 1-0

Fulham 2-0
QPR 1-1

Derby 2-1

5-2-0 = 17

We need four wins.

cf. Norwich might need three.

They have Norwich, Sunderland, Man United and Watford. If we go up, it could be the same crunch next season? Not that I care about Norwich. I just finds it amusing if Newcastle, Sunderland & Boro were all in the Championship next season, if we go up.

I think we should do a joint ticket available for the last three games. I think the way people buy tickets would make this worthwhile? Not sure about the pricing. Maybe an option on season tickets?

The Fulham and QPR games are only four days part and casual fans may be inclined ot get a ticket for the first match vs Fulham and neglect to order one for the less popular Tuesday evening vs QPR?

We have to beat Burnley first. Not so many south stand tickets for away fans for the last three?

FML - a one man thread. :nono:

Talk to yourself :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here