Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BIG Grand National Thread

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Is this a mis print ? Cant believe they would of let the horse run

50PP/05-0 CERIUM 9-10-05
Davy Russell Paul Murphy
A late replacement for stablemate Mr Pointment, and Cerium nearly missed his appointment with this year's race until Friday's withdrawal. Dismissed by many but finished fifth in 2009 despite having a FRACTURED SKULL :eek: Now in fine health.
Rating: 6/10 Odds: 50-1

It suffered the fractured skull during the race, it wouldn't have been allowed to run otherwise.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Madison Du Berlais for me, former Hennesy gold cup winner and has the class to win this but can be a bit of a dodgy jumper. E/W 50/1

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Madison Du Berlais for me, former Hennesy gold cup winner and has the class to win this but can be a bit of a dodgy jumper. E/W 50/1

I agree with this, also like Black Apalachi, Character Building, Snowy Morning, King Johns Castle and Dream Alliance!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

And its carrying top weight.

I'm following Andy Stewart's MY WILL currently at 40/1

.......but I won't be throwing much more money after that already blown this week.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I've gone for Don't Push It and Cloudy Lane.

Tony McCoy just has to win the Grand National one year. I'd be so pleased for him. Sometimes the sports biggest stars don't win the ultimate though, like Brian Clough never winning the FA Cup, Jimmy White world snooker champion or Ivan Lendl winning Wimbledon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ollie Magern for me £5 each way

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
i've gone solely on the outfits and have E/W on:

king john's castle
hello bud
comply or die
snowy morning
vic venturi

all bollocks i'm sure but the outfit method has served me well in the past! :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i've gone solely on the outfits and have E/W on:

king john's castle
hello bud
comply or die
snowy morning
vic venturi

all bollocks i'm sure but the outfit method has served me well in the past! :)

How the HELL are u?!!??!??!?!?!

Was wondering where you'd gone the other day - odd that! :clap:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I've gone for State of Play to win, and Snowy Morning to finish in the top 4. £2 on each.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Twenty years ago, there would have been no more than a dozen horses with a serious chance. Now there's at least twice as many, in fact probably no more than five or six that can be ruled out with confidence. It will all come down to which horse gets the lucky breaks on the day.

For that reason I can't have anything that's less than about 20-1 as representing any value, and certainly not the favourite. Will probably chuck a bit at Palypso De Creek at about 130 on Betfair, and a little bit more on Niche Market and Cloudy Lane, but only for the sake of an interest.

Would rather be backing at Lingfield, personally. King Olav in the 2.45.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
i have comply or die in the work sweepstake...and I can honestly say I have NEVER won a sweepstake ever - which will probably remain true after this race...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here