Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bevy Bus

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I thought it was only Moulsecombe and Coldean affected by parking. Bevendean is further out.

I live in Higher Bevendean (two minutes from The Bevy) a brisk :ohmy: half hour walk to the Amex (used to be twenty minutes :drink:)

I have 3 x parking permits + 1 x visitor parking permit ffsake :moo:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Just paid off my mortgage early (I'm sixty) it says Upper Bevendean on the deeds:)
Goes back to 1932 and says the Bevendean Estate ------- It looks a bit like parchment :wink:

Just found a wax seal :moo:

Lived in Goodwood Way, Moulsecombe from 1960 to 1973 (I am 66) before working abroad and now living in Poynings. Really happy days for me in Moulsecombe. Went school at Stanmer and played football on what is now the bridge car park.
Well done on shifting the mortgage. Feels good doesn't it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Lived in Goodwood Way, Moulsecombe from 1960 to 1973 (I am 66) before working abroad and now living in Poynings. Really happy days for me in Moulsecombe. Went school at Stanmer and played football on what is now the bridge car park.
Well done on shifting the mortgage. Feels good doesn't it.

Small World - live in Widdicombe Way
Went to Fairlight then Moulsecoomb School till 73--------------I used to add an e to the end of it as well :dunce:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Small World - live in Widdicombe Way
Went to Fairlight then Moulsecoomb School till 73--------------I used to add an e to the end of it as well :dunce:

I used to live in Medmerry Hill, a stone's throw away from you but I started at Fairlight in 1961 before moving to Bevendean Primary.

Used to drink at the Bevy when it was the Bevendean and a real thieves kitchen, now I'm a shareholder in the place

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just to show my age - a bus from the bottom of my road to Moulsecoomb School was a threepenny joey old money :wink:

Last night it cost £2.00 for the same mileage - rip off:)

Lets be thankful that the buses are still running :)
I went to Coombe Road School, not that far from Fairlight.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Lets be thankful that the buses are still running :)
I went to Coombe Road School, not that far from Fairlight.

A long long time ago (eighties) I did some work with my Dad at your old school.
Seem to remember lead/iron supplies & lead waste pipe.
What with the asbestos insulation I'm surprised I'm still here:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here