Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The better performance: Arsenal or Spurs

Arsenal or Spurs?

• Total voters

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Spurs come into this in really good form, well rested and prepared. We totally out 'spurs' them and frustrated the hell out of the plastics. It's funny hearing them bitch and moan about it too.

Arsenal were shit and we capitalised.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Just to rock the boat - Arsenal. Because GP made significant changes to the line up, introduced a new midfield that instantly 'clicked' thereby giving the rest of the team a new found confidence/belief and purpose of play. A small tweak today and the momentum carried on.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Both - I for one didn't think we'd get a sausagefrom either game so hats off to the lads for two fantastic performances, very well deserved.

Humble pie being eaten tonight, washed down with a few pints of Harvey's.

Well done guys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I only MotD'ed Arsenal.

But as today the Albion were in complete control, worthy of the win and Spurs were hanging on, I'd suggest there's only one winner here.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The fact that there was no siege today for the last 5 to 10 mins, says to me that was one of our most complete midfield performances under Potter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Illustrious company

[tweet]1515321884249837573[/tweet]

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think today's game had that air of vengeance to it for the last error-strewn contest at White Hart Lane. They strolled through that game, Spurs, and so did we, in attitude. Buoyed by last week's efforts this also had Potsy looking to stifle Conte tactically whilst showing him that players with emotion and expression can come out on top of the tyrannised. Last week felt spectacular, but this was a scalp to treasure thanks to our lust to dominate with toe-ins and blessed trickery.
Beautiful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To get things straight.

We 100% deserved the Arsenal win, totally dominating for 80 minutes, a deflected consolation goal made a nervy ending.

We didn’t ride our luck one jot and Arsenal supporters thought they were shit on the day.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The only downside I would say was the lack of goal action for a neutral fan watching the game.

For a Brighton fan, watching on paper a poorer team get the better of a richer side in a chess match was a joy to watch for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Both excellent - but I’d go Arsenal, as I felt we were more dangerous offensively, and Welbeck gave Leeds Ben White a torrid time…

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just to rock the boat - Arsenal. Because GP made significant changes to the line up, introduced a new midfield that instantly 'clicked' thereby giving the rest of the team a new found confidence/belief and purpose of play. A small tweak today and the momentum carried on.

And also it means a bit more. Can't stand Arsenal, so much more of a 'thing' to beat them - whereas I don't mind Spurs so much.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Today no doubt.

The Arsenal performance wasnt even a top 5 performance this season in terms of quality from Brighton.. it was a fighting win. Sort of like when a Championship team beats a PL team in one of the cups.

Today however was excellent in every department.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here