Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the best dance song, in your opinion, in the last 20 years

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
wish I could see all this at work, alas nothing but a blank box and a big call - I'm expecting great tunes from you sir......

It seems to work for me? Ah man, it's a belter. Please persevere.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
[yt]m8BOUtKe2dg[/yt]
Another fave band of the day- Eat Static.
I used to go to Club Dog, which had bands and DJ's before it was derigeur, and the bands like Eat Static, basically a 'techno' Ozric Tentacles could react to the audience with the music in a way a DJ couldn't (ie a DJ was restricted to what was on the record) and Eat Static used to just screw with yer head, fantastic times...
That double vinyl 45rpm Abduction album is a total trip - "if you put the aliens in the middle, it all makes sense"

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Oh my days, how did this slip my mind...
[yt]a6XOuiqW0WI[/yt]
Live, at the Zap, 92, Emmerson lining up the beats on his decks for 'the drop', place building to a frenzy, looking across at me in front of the speakers 'avin' it, and as I punch the air and shout 'NOW!' he drops the beat in. Place goes wild. Truly a great moment. Had a shake hands and chat afterwards, great guy.
Karl Hyde smashed his guitar at the end, as it was all too much, really an Epochal Gig.
yes, yes, yes......Rez is a slow burner but a classic

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
It seems to work for me? Ah man, it's a belter. Please persevere.
Persevere I did and good it was, but not something I'd get too excited about personally. As someone wisely said earlier in this thread dance music is somewhat personal and subjective.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here