Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Best And Worst Fans

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leicester have always been good and not taken their success for granted. Whenever I have talked to their fans I have been impressed with their knowledge and loyalty. I've never heard any homophobic comments from them inside or outside a ground. Even their hooligan firm - The Baby Squad - were a decent bunch when they took over the Flying Scotsman at Kings Cross many years ago.

I hope they make the Champions League and eventually get to play in it again, whenever that may be.

If you’ve never heard homophobic chants at the Kingpower, then I suggest you haven’t been to a match there. They even turned in one of their own who was convicted of it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
From an after-match coach park perspective I'd say that the Burnley (and, earlier, Wednesday) supporters were the most unpleasant. One lot even boarded a waiting coach and shrieked their abuse at young Albion fans. I've no idea what Burnley fans' problem is.

Palace excluded.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If you’ve never heard homophobic chants at the Kingpower, then I suggest you haven’t been to a match there. They even turned in one of their own who was convicted of it.

It's one of those away matches that always seems to fall in midweek.

I remember going there around 2011 and Marcos Painter being sent off. Come to think of it, there were one or two dickheads but in a crowd of nearly 30,000 there's always a chance of neanderthals. Maybe not the very best but certainly not the worst.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester have always been good and not taken their success for granted. Whenever I have talked to their fans I have been impressed with their knowledge and loyalty. I've never heard any homophobic comments from them inside or outside a ground. Even their hooligan firm - The Baby Squad - were a decent bunch when they took over the Flying Scotsman at Kings Cross many years ago.

I hope they make the Champions League and eventually get to play in it again, whenever that may be.

I am sure it was the Leicester fans homophobic abuse that made Liz Costa physically sick at one game at the Amex.

Villa have a reputation for being the best or one fo the best supported in numbers and vocal support, hence their chant 'everywhere we go, everywhere we go, it's the Villa boys making all the noise, everywhere we go'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Without the home and away dichotomy, my experiences:

Watford, Liverpool, Everton, ManU, Arsenal, Spurs, Sheff Utd, Newcastle - home and away, no; trouble, homophobia, cowards punches reported, spitefulness towards our relative league position etc.

ManC (last May), Bmuff (I sat next to them at one Amex game), Leicester, Burnley, Chelsea, West Ham, Villa - homophobic chants, or Albion fan attacked, or idiots who’ve come with a negative/aggressive attitude to the match day experience. Always a minority though. Leicester and West Ham fans always seem so scummy.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Worst away - Southampton. Yelled abuse at my son and I when we walked over the Itchen Bridge back to our car. Lots of homophobic stuff during the game.

Honorary mention for Middlesbrough for obvious reasons. Kind of counts as it was a promotion game.

Best away. Man Utd. Found them very respectful of us.

Worst home. Liverpool. Arrogant dickheads.

Best home. Arsenal. Because they are always funny when we beat them and start slagging off the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
I am sure it was the Leicester fans homophobic abuse that made Liz Costa physically sick at one game at the Amex.

Villa have a reputation for being the best or one fo the best supported in numbers and vocal support, hence their chant 'everywhere we go, everywhere we go, it's the Villa boys making all the noise, everywhere we go'

Liz Costa :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Dirty Leeds,we're from Yorkshire and we'll let everyone know it, travel in numbers and loud with it, little old Brighton gave them a bit of a surprise though
Regards
DF

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Dirty Leeds,we're from Yorkshire and we'll let everyone know it, travel in numbers and loud with it ,little old Brighton gave them a bit of a surprise though
Regards
DF

Apr 9, 2020
London
Best experiences away for me in the PL have been Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton and Man Utd. All very welcoming and keen for a chat and to know about our club / our season. General vibe fine too when walking about.

Worst as always were Chelski, Wet Sham and Burnley. Bigoted morons galore and while it’s not all of them that are the culprits it’s a constantly overbearing factor. Scornful, dismissive, derogatory, homophobic, racist pricks abound!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here