Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The barest of bones

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can those with a better memory than me suggest any period where we've had an injury crisis as bad as we do currently?
No

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I really can't think of one this bad and that's going back to the late 70s.
We have been pretty lucky in the Premier league up to date with injuries so I suppose we were going to be really tested sooner or later, we have to somehow ride it and at least we have the transfer window round the corner.
It just seems like it is key players we are losing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is there any point where it isn’t ‘unlucky’ anymore ?
Many clubs have had or are having an injury crisis this season. Winter World Cup, overpacked schedule and too many players are playing too much football. Many at very high intensity too. Whether it’s our 11 v 11 testing sessions or other teams pressing constantly there’s an awful lot of running being done by young, fast players with developing muscles.

It’s a football problem rather than a Brighton problem IMO. Simply too much is played at too high a pace in this country.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I really can't think of one this bad and that's going back to the late 70s.
We have been pretty lucky in the Premier league up to date with injuries so I suppose we were going to be really tested sooner or later, we have to somehow ride it and at least we have the transfer window round the corner.
It just seems like it is key players we are losing.
I think if we were going to have this many injuries this isn't the worst season to have them. We've got ourselves to the knockout stage of the Europa League and to ninth in the PL. Even at my most pessimistic I don't think we'll be relegated so absolute worst case we finish towards the bottom and go out of the Europa - not the end of the world. Better than being in say Palace's position and having our injury list. Very easy to get sucked down in to the danger zone in their position.
Hopefully though we'll make it through the next few weeks with a rested Adingra and Mitoma, a fully fit Pervis and Welbeck and a returning Enciso plus a couple of new faces and we can still have a strong end to the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder how much squad rotation is a factor here? In Ye Olden Days, you'd more often than not start with your best eleven. If a starter got crocked, you'd have an able deputy waiting in the wings. Under the current model of team selection, anybody's as likely to get crocked as anybody else

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wonder how much squad rotation is a factor here? In Ye Olden Days, you'd more often than not start with your best eleven. If a starter got crocked, you'd have an able deputy waiting in the wings. Under the current model of team selection, anybody's as likely to get crocked as anybody else
A lot of them are training injuries.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A lot of them are training injuries.
Are they?

Enciso was in training

Definitely injured in a game:

Mitoma (Palace A)
Adingra (Palace A)
March (City A)
Fati (AEK A)
Estupinan (Ajax A)
Veltman (arsenal A)
Lamptey (somebody A)
Moder

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Didn't RDZ bring it in 3 or 4 fitness coaches with him? Are the conditioning our players into bonemeal?

How long unil Joao Pedro and Bounanotte are also injured?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Who’s fit then?

Steele Verbruggen
Igor Dunk JPVH Estupinan
Milner Dahood Gilmour Gross Lallana Moder Baleba Hinshelwood Buonanotte
Pedro Welbeck Ferguson

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tottenham have four defenders out at present. Seems to be epidemic at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here