Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bar with no beer

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Don't normally get involved in these type of threads but the service in the centre of WSL was abysmal, awful and painfully slow last night. As usual nothing will be done so pointless really.
Still, back to my normal seat for WBA.

I began to queue at 7 20 in WSL by 7 40 it was apparent that I wouldn't be getting a beer. Shouldn't be surprised I guess.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Could be a great name for a non-alcoholic pub.

Wasn't there a place in Brighton - Hector's House that served milk?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
WL for a change and Harveys Burger. £5 but twice the normal size. Do they always serve these and how come things take three seasons before they reach the EU. We don't even have screens showing the menu, still got pictures.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Tried East Lower for the first time last night. Painfully slow compared to reasonably efficient East Upper.

Can't understand why so many catering points were closed when both lower stands seemed almost full. Shouldn't it have been normal service once ticket sales passed a certain number?

Yes the Caterers lose money but the Albion also lose their cut.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
20 minute queue and £4.40 for a warm pint of Heineken in the ESL. Lovely stuff, well done everyone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
20 minute queue and £4.40 for a warm pint of Heineken in the ESL. Lovely stuff, well done everyone.

Probably due to a chap pre pouring and making sure that there was always 5 available for serving which I noticed while waiting in the queue for my 3 coffees but that was in West Lower

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Probably due to a chap pre pouring and making sure that there was always 5 available for serving which I noticed while waiting in the queue for my 3 coffees but that was in West Lower

There was only a handful of pre-poured pints on the counter, it hadn't been there long. It was like one of those warm, flat beers that you find the next morning after a bender the night before.

I'm beyond being surprised any more though. It is what it is at the Amex, always has been. Worse things happen at sea, so I'm told.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very disappointed they've ditched Guinness. Can't drink fizzy lager and not mad on Harvey's so that's a couple of pints a match I won't bother with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here