Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Baldock (possibly Murray) miss

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
why , why ,why was this thread started.I have just got over the weekend now the black cloud is back.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I've seen lots about how Stockdale lost us the game on Sunday but no single thread on the glaring cock up that was Murray passing to Baldock to er do what exactly? Firstly I thought Murray should have smashed it in, but then Baldock had a virtually open goal, just hit the ****ing thing in! Crowd go mental and we get a big shiny cup

That was the moment for me when the title was lost. Hanging on to a 1-0 was never a good idea, we needed that second goal and chances don't come much better than that.

This is very comparable to the And Smith Must Score moment :)

I completely agree with this. While the pass from Murray wasn't great I was gobsmacked at why Baldock didn't slide or launch himself at the ball and instead he chose to poke his foot at the ball. This was the defining moment in the game and haunts me more than the Villa equaliser because that would have been game over at that point.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I completely agree with this. While the pass from Murray wasn't great I was gobsmacked at why Baldock didn't slide or launch himself at the ball and instead he chose to poke his foot at the ball. This was the defining moment in the game and haunts me more than the Villa equaliser because that would have been game over at that point.

I don't know how anyone can blame Murray. It's a bit like blaming Robinson for Smith's miss in the Cup Final. The pass wasn't perfect but Baldock had an open goal and should have buried it. Couldn't believe he'd missed. It would've been game over. At 1-0 anything can happen - and it did.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Drawing 1-1 at villa is not where we lost the title . Losing 1-0 at home to bristol city with a shite performance is where we lost it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User X18H

I haven't seen it since in situ at Villa Park. To me it looked like Murray had too tight an angle. I haven't viewed the highlights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here